BSOD Rebuilt PC

Ronrpk

Hi - I was having major issues with my PC. Long story short I rebult most of the components. The only component I ended up keeping was the processor. Most of my issues were solved, except now I get a new BSOD about once a day (a BSOD I was not getting before). Stop code 109. I've ran Memtest86 and Prime95 with passing results. I have attached my last 3 mini-dumps. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ron

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    66.4 KB · Views: 1
Nothing really stands out. The 3 minidumps are all the same without any Bug Check Strings and only Ntoskrnl.exe pointing weakly to a hard drive (boot drive) issue. What antivirus program are you running?

"My boot drive is a new Samsung SSD"... I thought so, I have seen this "minor" instability many times when an SSD is used as a boot drive. So this SSD is a new addition to this rebuild?

I've scanned the BIOS and can not find a setting for AHCI. Nor could I find reference to it in the mobo manual. I have an ASRock G41C-GS. The BIOS is the latest version.

Okay, old motherboard. From auto, enable Block (multi-sector transfer) and from auto enable P10 mode. See if that helps the SSD performance

I found the Block (multi-sector transfer). It was set to "auto", the only other chioce was "disable" so I did not change it. I could not find a "P10" mode.

P10 Mode should be right under Block (multi-sector transfer) If you don't see it, this motherboard is really not SSD friendly as we already suspect

I found a PIO Mode (vs P10) right under Block (multi-sector transfer). It is set at auto. The options besides auto are 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Try 4, 3, 2, 1 separately, see if it makes any difference. This is something I have never come up against

Last edited:
Back