BSOD - Reinstall hasn't helped - Hardware OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having problems with frequent BSOD especially when entering or exiting from a standby/hibernate state.

I re-inistalled my laptop (Dell Latitude D630c) and have installed the bare minimum software I need to be able to do my job. I've run memtest, Dell's diagnostics and SpinRite, all passed.

I'm sure it's probably a software component that's causing the problem. Since the reinstall I've had two 0000009f BSOD and one 1000008e.

I would appricate if somone could take a quick look and try and spot a suspect component. My BIOS and drivers are the latest AFAIK.

Dumps attached.

Thanks
Martin

Minidumps 121008-01 and 121108-01
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
Probably caused by : net6im51.sys

Unfortunately, I can't find any useful information about that driver file.

Minidump 121008-02
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x8E
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

SInce you have already ran memtest on your ram and it passed the best way to test your ram is to power your computer down and unplug it. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds to discharge any stored power. Then remove all but 1 stick of the ram and power your computer up and run it on the 1 stick of ram to see if it crashes. If it doesn't, repeat the process until all the sticks of ram have been tested in this way.

Something else you could do is start your computer in safe mode to see if it crashes before doing the manual memory test.

After doing the above stated, please post back and let us know if your issue has been resolved or not.

The net6im51.sys is part of the Citrix Access Gateway client (VPN). I've updated this to a newer version now to see if the problem still occurs.

The laptop as 2 x 2GB sticks, I've removed the one that's accessible. Will see how we go. Will keep thread updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back