BSOD relating to wireless adapter

By princeton
Oct 2, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,

I just purchased a linksys WUSB54GC Version 3 wireless network adapter. But after I install the drivers and reboot It always gives a bluescreen during the "Starting Windows" screen. Unfortunately windows doesn't make any minidump files.
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,109   +21

What OS are you running? I would go to Linksys' website and download the latest drivers for your adapter for your OS.

Then I would uninstall your adapter, reboot and install the latest drivers.
  3. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Topic Starter Posts: 1,716

Yah, I've tried the newest linksys ones for windows 7 x64 and the ones that come with the disk. Same issue.
  4. Route44

I was afraid of that. Try this: Uninstall the drivers and then shut down your security software, next install the latest drivers. Does the adapter work?

I have found that at times my firewall can inhibit the loading and executing of drivers until I do the above. Once installed my firewall has no issues with the drivers. Why? I haven't a clue but it has worked for me in the past.

Then again Linksys drivers for this adapter and 7 64 may not be that good. I'd contact Linksys.
  5. princeton

No luck. I'll contact linksys like you say.
  6. princeton

Linksys is no help. FML. I guess I'll just buy a new adapter from a different manufacturer.
  7. Route44

princeton, sorry to hear this. What are they failing to provide?
  8. princeton

Everything. "We're sorry we no longer support the product specified." Then why sell them?
  9. Route44

What?! :mad: How old is this adapter?
  10. princeton

Got it last week. Life sucks.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.