BSOD relating to wireless adapter

princeton

Hi,

I just purchased a linksys WUSB54GC Version 3 wireless network adapter. But after I install the drivers and reboot It always gives a bluescreen during the "Starting Windows" screen. Unfortunately windows doesn't make any minidump files.

What OS are you running? I would go to Linksys' website and download the latest drivers for your adapter for your OS.

Then I would uninstall your adapter, reboot and install the latest drivers.

What OS are you running? I would go to Linksys' website and download the latest drivers for your adapter for your OS.

Then I would uninstall your adapter, reboot and install the latest drivers.

Yah, I've tried the newest linksys ones for windows 7 x64 and the ones that come with the disk. Same issue.

I was afraid of that. Try this: Uninstall the drivers and then shut down your security software, next install the latest drivers. Does the adapter work?

I have found that at times my firewall can inhibit the loading and executing of drivers until I do the above. Once installed my firewall has no issues with the drivers. Why? I haven't a clue but it has worked for me in the past.

Then again Linksys drivers for this adapter and 7 64 may not be that good. I'd contact Linksys.

I was afraid of that. Try this: Uninstall the drivers and then shut down your security software, next install the latest drivers. Does the adapter work?

I have found that at times my firewall can inhibit the loading and executing of drivers until I do the above. Once installed my firewall has no issues with the drivers. Why? I haven't a clue but it has worked for me in the past.

Then again Linksys drivers for this adapter and 7 64 may not be that good. I'd contact Linksys.

No luck. I'll contact linksys like you say.

Linksys is no help. FML. I guess I'll just buy a new adapter from a different manufacturer.

Back