BSOD- restarting - And its a new gaming PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there, i have been having a numourous amount of trouble. I recently bought my PC at the start of the month, and have spent pretty much all of my time attempting to diagnose the problem.

My specs are:

AMD 64 BIT motherboard
Dual core 3800+
1G RAM
160 GB HD
GeForce 6600 512

Ok, my PC keeps restarting with the BSOD happening. This is what is shows me all the time:

- Error code 100000d1, parameter1 0000400b, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 f7012315.

I click onto the Help n Support and get:

- Product: Windows Operating System
Event ID: 1003
Source: System Error
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG
Message: Error code %1, parameter1 %2, parameter2 %3, parameter3 %4, parameter4 %5.

Ok, i am not sure what it is though. But when it does show me the BSOD quickly... It shows:

- DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I can run the basic MSN, and IE running in the background. But, if i try and install and try and play a game, it crashes. Thus restarting the PC and giving the error.

If any help or advice, or anyone recieved this error before, please post, i'll be most grateful,

Regards,

Shen.

How many watts is the PSU and how many amps on the 5 and 12Volt rails?
You can read this off the label on the side of the power supply. See the pic LABEL in my sig below.
Also in the BSOD thread below there is a link to EXtremePC Calculator. Go to that website and enter the value for your rig and it will calculate your power requirements.

Cheers.

Ok, my WATTs is 230 i believe.

I think it is either Hardware or Devices to be honest. I had three Discs to install my Graphics, Sound, and Processors on. I may have to do it in order, but would they make that much of a difference?

If it did have a bug within a Device driver, but doesn't show on the system information as a yellow "?" How would i battle that?

I did do a Benchmark Test, and it says my hardware is fully working, and its better than most out today PC's etc etc.

But, The error code it is giving me is not leading me to believe what i am being told by Google and Micrsoft...

230W?

If that is accurate, you have found your problem. Not enough power for your specs. The sticker on the side of the PSU itself will tell you how many watts it is rated at. While you are at it, check out many amps it is pumping out on the +12volt rail(s) as well.

Go HERE and calculate how many watts your system actually needs, and get yourself a good PSU from FSB, Antec, Enermax or some other reliable PSU maker.

Yes it is definitely a power problem. A good PSU from Antec, FSP Forton, Thermaltake, Enermax, CoolerMaster, OCZ or PC Power & Cooling will fix it very easily

But, the errors that it is supply has nothing to do with the power. And the reason why it is crashing. Mmmm, how can this be?

It does not state that the PSU is causing the re starting.... Im Confused

The errors that Windows gives are very unspecific and require a lot of troubleshooting. My dad's PC has a 6600 too, only he has a 256MB version. And the box clearly says that u need a minimum 300W PSU for the card to run properly so I doubt it is very different for u. That's why as soon as u start a game, the card begins to draw more power from the PSU which overloads the PSU and causes it to shut down.

I see... Maybe it is the PSU, but.. If it was the PSU it would totall just shut down though.

Ok, i have a new error appearing... Bugcode_USB_Driver... Again, it is related to the Memory.

Would it make much difference if i changed my 1g Ram to a different slot?

Yes it would. And regarding the PSU, it would most likely not shut down. Understand that there is nothing wrong with ur PSU, it's just inadequate for ur system.

shervon said:
But, the errors that it is supply has nothing to do with the power. And the reason why it is crashing. Mmmm, how can this be?

It does not state that the PSU is causing the re starting.... Im Confused

That is the problem with PSU problems. When the psu is dying, or if the PSU is not able to provide enough power to any of the system components, the windows error messages tend to tell you there are problems with the components.

Troubled/underpowered PSUs make OTHER parts look like they are faulty, when in fact it is the PSU not giving them the power they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back