BSOD`s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Need Help!!

Hello,
I'm JST and I need help. I'm working in Iraq, so I have to Tech guys to take my Toshiba laptop to. My Toshiba Satellite A205-S4607 runs on Vista. I installed two windows updates and two sidebar gadgets, restarted my computer and upon restart got a "blue screen" warning about a driver that needs to be debugged because it violated something. I didn't install any new hardware, I was using my Western Digital Exteranl HD and my USB stick, never had problems. I've tried system restore, but get the same problem, numerous safe mode and repair tries and nothing. I have attached the appdata and minidump if someone can look and tell me what I need to do. I can operate in safe mode, but other modes lock up with the blue screen, BC Code C9. The appdata is WER-62119-0.sysdata.xml and WERAF8F.tmp.version.text. Please help me. how do I fix it? I don't want to do a total reinstall.
JST

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your post to it`s own thread.

Go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps you to identify the culprit.

If it doesn`t, please attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks, more on my problem

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: c9
BCP1: 00000004
BCP2: 86751690
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini082707-23.dmp
C:\Users\Scott Turner\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-138544-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Scott Turner\AppData\Local\Temp\WER98E4.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Windows NT Version 6.0 Build: 6000
Product (0x3): Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
Edition: HomePremium
BuildString: 6000.16514.x86fre.vista_gdr.070627-1500
Flavor: Multiprocessor Free
Architecture: X86
LCID: 1033

The above is more info on my blue screen error. The blue screen refers to a device driver that has committed a violation and needs to be debugged, but I have installed any new hardware on my laptop. I just installed two windows updates for my vista and two gadgets for my sidebar. Beyond that, I had optimized the start up by disabling some minor programs automatically starting and running in the background at startup, no major programs though. The only hardware I've been using is a Western Digital portable hard drive, 120 gig and a Cruzer USB Drive, 1 gig, that's it. Sometimes I can only operate in safe mode and sometimes my laptop will run fine in regular mode for quite a while before I get the blue screen again. Thank You very much for your help. I'm working in Iraq right now and this laptop is my life line to everything, including my family back home, I've got to fix it or get it fixed. I can't upload my minidumps because they are over 100 kb, about 140kb. Any advice?

jst

It sounds to me like your system is set to write the wrong kind of minidumps.

1. Right-click on My Computer
2. Select Properties
3. Select Advanced
4. In the Start up and Recovery section, select Settings; this displays the Startup and Recovery dialog box
5. In the Write debugging information section, select kernel memory dump.
6. Untick Overwrite any exisiting file.
7 In the Write debugging information section, select small memory dump(64k)
8.Click ok/apply/ok

You should now be able to upload any further minidumps produced.

Regards Howard :)

Problem Continues

Thanks for the advice on the minidumps, it was setup different, so I corrected it. I haven't added any new hardware. I tried to do a complete system recovery and it won't do it. I try to do the system recovery in safe mode, but when the computer roboots, it won't do the system recovery in safe mode. I try to do it in regular mode and I still get the blue screen stop error in reference to a device driver that is unknown. All my drivers are up to date that I know of and I see no errors or conflicts in the device manager.

Back to the beginning - you mention 2 sidebar gadgets. What are they? Are they both vista compatible? Can you remove them?

You need to post some minidumps, when you have any. Then, we might be able to determine the cause of the crashes.

Regards Howard :)

thanks for all the device. I went to safe mode and backed up all my files and did a total system recovery. Everything is working great, the best it's every worked. I have no idea what it was, but thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back