BSOD Speed Readers Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,
Its my first post and I am grateful to sites like this that bring together extremely knowledgeable people to help a ***** such as myself. While I have been around computers for years and I try to be as careful as possible and not make mistakes; I have unfortunately downloaded an AV program from a site that I trust. I had problems right after I installed it and I immediately uninstalled using Total Uninstall which I have used for some time and have had very good success with before.
I'm not sure if that is the problem or not or if when I removed the program I also may have removed something else from my PC that it may need. Now when I log on I get my MB monitoring SW coming up with a message saying that it can't write to the kernel. So I pressed okay, I also have IIS and TCP/IP asking for server rights via Zone Alarm alerts and they have never done this before. Then the BSOD comes up and it stays for about three seconds and for the life of me I can't get any info out of it other than, maybe (and this is a big maybe) that there my me a problem with my Sis program for the MB and there is something about a .dll and that is about all I can make of it. Heck my eyes don't focus fast enough to get any info out of it.
I do have a Dr. Watson mini-dump but that is being read by a Mega-*****, cause I have no clue as to what it is or is not telling me. The symbol file is missing I have an application error of 80000007 and the first program is %systemroot% winnt.dll and then a boatload of numbers and a lst of programs on the system.
I am not sure if I can post that here, so I'll wait until I hear from somebody. I'm sorry that I can't provide anymore info than that. Its a pisser too as I have some docs that I need to use to study for my finals. Looks like it'll be my notes and my books only to study for them. If anyone can give me any help other than the tall chair combined with a short rope assistance, I will be very thankful.
Thanks for reading this.
Take care and Happy Holidays,
cal

If you can we need the minidump files to help.

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump files.

It is these files we need, not the Minidump Folder. Attach the files to your next posting and someone should hopefully be able to help.

All of that and not a word about which operating system you're using!! And the easiest way I've found to troubleshoot those errors is to use the Event Viewer. This has logs of everything that goes on with system and apps- the normal 'information' to the more pertinent errors. Using that will put this information in better form. For Windows XP:

Follow this path:
Control Panel Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> Click on System & Apps, one at a time on the left> look for Errors on the right> right click error> Properties> note Description of error, Event# and Source.

There is a "copy" button below the up/down arrows. Click that, then go to any place that allows you to type (ie. notepad, wordpad, this board) and you can paste (use CTRL-V) the entire event details there. It makes for easy reporting of the event.

If you want to paste the Event here, you do not need to include the lines of code that follow the Description- but paste all else. You will be looking for Error that occurs at the time of the problem. Please ignore Warnings.

The three things that I have put in bold print> Description, Event# and Source allow us to more accurately find the cause.

Thanks for the quick replies. I am running (or was) xpsp2. I shut her down just before I went to school and when I came back I have a keyboard is locked out- unlock the key. I dont have a lock on the computer cover, so I am not sure what has happened now. I even put a ps2 kb on and it had no effect. so i am in the process of trying to get back into the system and i will gladly provide you with the info that you request.
sorry for the delay, all i know is that this pc should be happy that there is drywall behind it and not a window or we would have seen how well it could fly.
ill be back.
thanks
cal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back