BSOD Stop 0x00000050, Need Some Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I just built a new desktop PC and am sporadically getting blue screens. At this point I am thinking that my ram might be the culprit, but I am not absolutely certain because I am noticing a pattern that is a bit strange.

When I get blue screens, I get the error message: "Stop: 0x00000050". Thinking that the ram might be the problem, I ran memtest v. 4, which immediately turned up thousands of errors. However, when I ran memtest later on for about 6 hours, it didn't come up with any errors.

Also, whenever i have been running memtest for a while and then go back into Windows, my PC runs flawlessly for hours (no blue screens). It is only after I have shut down the computer and then restart it the following day that I begin to get blue screens again. Is this a problem with the ram, or could it be something else? Why would running memtest, and then booting into windows actually make the computer more stable?

Thanks for your help.

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Run memtest again. The rule is if you get any errors you have corrupted memory that needs to be replaced.

Another thing you should try is go into your BIOS and check to see how your motherboard set the memory voltage and does it it match the memory manufacture's voltage specs. If not set it according to the manufacture's specs. Many times the memory errors are due to wrong voltage rather than the meory itself being corrupted.

Thanks for your reply.

I have gone into bios, set the ram to correct memory voltage, timings, etc. But I think you are right that any errors means there is something wrong with my ram and so I will return it for replacement very soon. Hopefully that fixes the problem.

But I guess I am still confused at how running memtest would allow my computer to work better (no blue screens). This pattern of: blue screens-memtest-computer running flawlessly-turning off computer-blue screens again has repeated itself many times. Any idea why that would happen?

Thanks again.

Can't explain that but one thing I do know and that is corrupted memory can cause a system to do all kinds of strange things. It can really wreak havoc.

It will often caquse a PC to throw out differing error codes and none of the minidumps even cite memory corrupt but other things like audio drivers or video drivers as the issue. And that is the thing: It really is memory corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back