BSOD, Stop message with variants

Status
Not open for further replies.

josbd

ok, a mate has a pc which is bsod'ing, and continually restarting. I tried starting it in safe mode, and it stops and sticks at Mupsys. The Stop message is: 0x0000007E (0x0000005, 0Xf1C344D0; 0xF7C85FC8, 0XF7C85CC4)

Seems to me that it is prob easier simply to do a reinstall, but chap needs to save a lot of files on his hdd.

I can slave his hard drive to mine and save stuff that way (wish I had a caddy) but is there any way I can get his system to boot, and possibly save things that way?

Any help, as usual, very much appreciated!

You could try doing a Windows repair as per this thread HERE.

If that doesn`t work, then your first option I.E slaving his hard drive, would seem to be favourite.

Regards Howard :)

Well I would attempt a repair, but I cannot get into BIOS or get it to boot from disk. I have tried every way I know of to get into BIOS: most of the F keys, del, esc. Nothing works. :confused:

That`s damned unfortunate.

It seems you have no other choice, but to slave his hard drive and get his data off.

One question: if I cannot get into BIOS to change the boot order, and therefore cannot get it to boot from disk, how am I going to reinstall XP??

Maybe you`ve misunderstood.

Take your friends hard drive out of his computer and put it in your computer as a slave drive. Backup any important data he might have and format the disk.

Put the hard drive back in your friends computer as master and reformat again, then reinstall Windows.

If that doesn`t work, then maybe your friend has a hardware problem with maybe his mobo etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back