BSOD that I just cant get rid of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys.

I recently bought a new rig, heres the specs first.

i7 950 D0 OCed 4.2g
6gig Corsair Dominator
ex58 gigabyte extreme mobo
Evga / Leadtek sli GTX 280
Prowater 880i Watercooled
300g Velociraptor
1000w corsair PSU

I had my rig for roughly a month with no problems until around the time I bought a EVGA GTX 280 to SLI. I dont think its faulty because ive tried it as a single card and it works fine, my pc also works sometimes without problems in SLI mode too.

I keep getting a BSOD either while trying to enter a game or a couple minutes into getting into games like Crysis wars, GTA4, COD4.

Im not recieving BSOD's while on desktop, but the wierd thing is sometimes I think ive fixed the problem after tickering around a little and everything works fine, then to realise x amount of hours later im recieving BSOD's again.

This is really confusing me, I ticker with my OC and it wont BSOD for a little while, so I thought ive fixed it, only for it to BSOD again later on. I know it isnt my OC because ive tried with no OC's on my pc whatsoever and the problem still occers.

Ive tried many drivers to swap around, sometimes that will hold the BSOD's off for awhile only for them to come back again later.

The BSOD is like a looping of sound for awhile, the screen sometimes flashes colours like its trying to give you an epiletic fit. While other times it just loops sound then blue screens.

Ive been pulling my hair out over this for about a week now, ive tried nearly everything and im totally out of ideas, I have the dump file for you guys to check out. I picked this website to goto first because from lurking ive found you guys really know what your talking about!.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Okay seems the BSOD is occuring also in single GPU mode now. The leadtek GPU which I know for sure works fine.

Did you realize this forum is for Virus and Malware Removal? There is a forum especially for the BSOD as well as Windows OS forum for hardware. You might get better results there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back