BSOD - to many to list

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read on some threads that there are those of you that can actually read minidumps and understand them. Hats off to you. I read one thread but it was dated back to 2005 so I thought I'd post a new one. I'm attaching (hopefully it linked, I've never posted here b4) a zipped file with several minidumps in hopes that someone can help before I chuck this computer out the window. I've had just about every combination there is of BSOD. I've run memcheck86 for over 16 hours and found no errors. I bought new RAM anyway because I heard that memcheck isn't 100%. I've replaced my Quadro FX1000 card with a GeForce 7600GSOC and had nv4_disp.dll issues. I yanked that out and put the FX card back in. I've installed new drivers for the FX1000 as well as my SB-Audigy-2. I have a Matrox RT.X1000 that I just DL'd drivers for.. This is a 3 year old workstation and have been running it w/o issue for the past 3 years, up until a few months ago. Can't figure out what I've added that may have cause these issue. Oh ya, I uninstalled my antivirus because I was getting the error message of vrcore.sys. I traced that to my VShield antivirus. However, it's running fine on my other workstations... If you have any insight to this problem, thank you in advance. Sorry for rambling but I've been dealing with this issue for the past 2 months while trying to get a project completed with a tight deadline.. I could list other things I've tried, but maybe the dump files will tell you that..

Regards,
Kenn

Your windows has two culprits. The first cullprit is memory error (ie ram, L2 cache memory of CPU, cache memory of m/b) as one minidump is crashed at IRQL 28 (timer IRQL) and the second culprit is nVidia Display Card Driver. Your version is unstable.

nv4_mini.sys Mon Oct 23 05:08:02 2006 (453BDDB2) <-- timestamp

Refer the following problem
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic65086.html

Mini022007-06.dmp BugCheck 1000000A, {3, 1c, 0, 804e209c}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!zzzWakeInputIdle+8c )

Mini022007-04.dmp BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, bfa1cf4e, ae711398, 0}
Probably caused by : nv4_disp.dll ( nv4_disp+48f4e ) <-- maybe caused by hardware or software error of nVidia Display Card Driver

Suggestion
1. Usually memory error is usually related to ram but it may also related to faulty CPU, M/B or PSU. Reseat the memory to another memort slot. If it still crashes, boot your windows into safe mode. If your windows still crashes, I'm sure it is hardware problem. There have no reliable freeware to diagnostic which piece of hardware is malfunction at windows environment. As you know some faulty ram can pass memory test.

2. Upgrade nVidia Display Card Driver.

Thanks for the quick reply. Here is what I've done todate. This problem started out as Page_fault_in_Nonpaged area BSOD, I ran the memtest several times for at least 10 hours. No errors came back. I had 2- 1 Gig moduals in the computer. I needed to upgrade anyway because I do some demanding 3D design work. So I bought 4 new (Kingston) 1 Gig modules. I don't see the Page fault errors as often so maybe that error is comming from the L2 cache as you pointed out. The NVidia drivers were updated at least a week ago. I was seeing colored streaks across the screen, so I thought it was the vid card going bad. I replaced the FX1000 card with a GeForce 7600GSOC. That's when I started getting the nv4_disp.dll errors. I DL'd current drivers for the GeForce card and had the same issues. I pulled the GeForce card and reinstalled the FX1000. Unfortunately, the nv4....dll still shows when I do a "search" That must be a common driver for all the NVidia GPU's. So I don't know where to go from here. I have new RAM and the current NVidia drivers. Do I start swaping out HD's and MOBO's? That can be expensive if it doesn't fix the problem. W.R.T. the win32k.sys error, would reformating the HD and reinstalling Windows be of any benefit? I've been holding off on doing that because I'd have to reinstall all of my apps. Many of them you need to go through a "registration" process and get access codes to get the app's to run. I wish there was an application you could run that could pin point problems in PC. I'd pay gold for a copy right about now. Let me know your thoughts.

Your problem is related to hardware and nVidia Display driver is a minor issue. Attach more minidumps here if you have. Maybe I can pinpoint which hardware is the culprit.

FYI
According to record of system crash at timer IRQL, 43% is related to ram, 21% for CPU and 11% for M/B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back