BSOD video stream online (watchdog.sys)

Hello,

For the past year I've had BSOD almost eveytime I watch video streaming online: youtube, etc.

I tried to remove my video card driver and reinstall it but no luck.

The error I get everytime is watchdog.sys

Computer spec:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
E8400 @ 3.00GHz
3.00 GHz
2Go RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT
XP SP3

I only have 1 minidump because everytime I reset my PC right when the BSOD appears, I don't let it dump... I will try to get you more minidump this week if needed.

p.s. I don't know if it's normal but I have tons (200 of them) of blue files in my windows directory called: "$NtUninstallIKB2564958$

Edit:
My browser is Chrome but I have the same problem on every browser.
My antivirus is Avast

Sometimes I can see that Adobe Flash Player is not responding just before getting a BSOD

The exact error code I get eveytime is:
STOP:0x0000008E (0XE0000001, 0XB8470925, 0XB24141B0, 0X00000000)
watchdog.sys - Adress B8470925 base at B8470000, Datestamp 480254ab

Also I just got a new BSOD so I inclued the new minidump (102211)

Attachments

• Mini082511-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini102211-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 1
Both errors are 0x8E and both files cite the Nvidia display driver nv4_disp.dll as the culprit. I suggest doing the following...

1. Go to our Download section and click on Utilities and then download Driver Sweeper 3.1 to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Sweeper and remove ONLY the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

I actually did what you said last month but I used Driver Cleaner Pro instead.
It didn't work and I still had BSOD.

What I just tried today is to disable the hardware acceleration by right clicking on a stream video, and I've been watching streaming all day and I don't have any BSOD anymore. Hopefully this is permanent.

Back