TechSpot

BSOD wake from sleep iusb3xhc.sys ffusb2audio.sys

By gerbus
Feb 28, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. Hi all. Been running into this issue a lot with my win7 setup, where when I wake it up from sleep, sometimes it BSODs. I've run windbg64 and BlueScreenView to narrow it down. In BlueScreenView I see that there are 3 highlighted (red) drivers: iusb3xhc.sys ffusb2audio.sys and ntoskrnl.exe. WinDbg points at iusb3xhc.sys as the main culprit.

My setup:
    Win7x64
    Asus Z97-A
    Intel Core i5 I5-4590 Haswell 3.3GHZ Processor LGA1150 6MB Cache Retail
    Corsair Vengeance Blue CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Dual Channel Memory Kit
    SPI ATX-400PN 400 watt power supply
    No additional graphics card
    No additional sound card
    Two monitors, one via DVI the other via HDMI.

I updated my usb3.0 drivers and my mb (asus z97a) chipset to latest versions two weeks ago to see if that might help. Apparently it didn't. I have a bunch of Logitech stuff and an audio interface plugged into the usb 3.0 ports: Wireless Keyboard (K750), Wireless Mouse (MX Revolution), Webcam (C170), and Focusrite Audio Interface (Scarlett 2i4).

Any direction would be great. Thanks!

I had this problem a while back too: http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-when-waking-from-sleep.208134/#post-1450460

I tried to upload all of my minidump files, but the uploader said it was too big, so you only have the recent 6.

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Ffusb2audio.sys Is a Focusrite USB 2.0 Audio Driver. Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager?

3. gerbus

gerbus TS Rookie Topic Starter

None! Everything looks good in the device manager. I've been following the advice in this thread but I'm still getting BSODs.

4. Tmagic650

Post any new minidumps

5. gerbus

gerbus TS Rookie Topic Starter

The two since I did a bios update.

Attached Files:

6. Tmagic650

The same driver issues as the original minidumps, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL,ffusb2audio.sys and iusbxhc.sys still there