BSOD Well... you'll see... :(

Okay, from the top...

Windows 7 Home 64-bit.
Wanted to see how Ubuntu was, so I dual OS'd it.
All was working great! But the fan speeds were a little high, for no reason.
So I thought, "upgrade the BIOS!" -------- (How could I have been so Noob?!)
Yes that's right, with a dual system, you DON'T do that! As you've probably guessed, it messed up on restart and never booted again.
So I got a new motherboard. (The same one)
Before receiving the MB I decided that I wanted to use some of the programs on the HD, so I hooked it up to another cobo and started copying. After that I thought, "Since I have it open, why don't I delete Ubuntu right now?" Got to the partition thing and thought I had the right one selected, (there was no info, so I didn't really know!) And clicked delete! It deleted, but now, plugged up to this cobo I could no longer boot the HD, so I must have deleted the wrong one!
Then the MB came and I hooked it up. Started it up, opened Ubuntu no problem whatsoever.
Booted windows and it would lockup and get nowhere. So I did system recovery. That seemed to work great! It started up, worked good. Then I shut it down for the night. On restart it would lockup and never boot all the way. Tried safe mode and all that, to no avail. So I think, "Maybe it was just a faulty recover... Lets try it again"------- (NOOB!)
This time, it started, and ran very slow. Task Manager showed the ram and cpu's to be if full use.
"Well, it did something different, so lets try it again!"------ (double NOOB!)
Same as first time... All good, but no restart available... "Again!"----(Tripple NOOB!)
This Time, It would start but run very slow like the second time, but after about an hour, everything was fine! full speed! Awesome! Restarting Perfect, but with the Hour delay before usage... :(
"It's getting Better!"---- (Four-Time NOOB!) "Again!"-----(Five-Time NOOB!)
Like the first, but this time when I went to do the recovery---(Six-Time NOOB!) It would lock up in the middle! So no recovery anymore!
There was a stand still....No money to try anything else... Then I learned that I could download Win7 online for free (legit!) Made a bootable Flashdrive, and tried it! on the first step of install, it said that it couldn't find the drivers for the HD. So went online to find a solution. Downloaded several drivers for the hardware and tried that. It didn't recognize any of them! Then I go, "It must have been a faulty download, and I'm not going to wait another 14 hours to download it again! So why don't I try My Windows XP pro 32-bit on it?"---- (At this point I was desperate, But, What is that, Seven-Time NOOB!) It seemed to install just fine, went to the last stage of installation where it has to restart to finish. Got on the last part of that and BSOD'd! Tried several times, switched SATA wires and that kind of stuff. It would get to different levels but never finished before it would BS.

irql_not_less_or_equal

Heard it might be the HD causing the problem, so I hooked up a Win7 32-bit.
When the dots at the first came up (you know, the colored dots that fly in circles and then form the Win logo) they would move a little and then it would lockup and start back up, and say that windows has experienced a major error would you like to- system recover, or start normally?
I turned it off! (Smartest thing I'd done yet! =D) Then thinking it might be the SATA cable, or at least willing to try anything. used the cable from the cobo that the 32-bit HD came from, cause it works fine! Still the same thing!

Now you know the whole story, I think!

Anyone have any suggestions?
Or the more appropriate question is, Anyone want to try to deal with this NOOOOOOOOOB guy?
See, he knows more than enough to get him in BIG Trouble! :D =D

(???????????????????????????????????????????????)

If I forget anything, I'll just add it in later..... :)

"See, he knows more than enough to get him in BIG Trouble! :D =D"... Lets get down to basics here. "Then I learned that I could download Win7 online for free (legit!)" Where did you get the legit product key?

"See, he knows more than enough to get him in BIG Trouble! :D =D"... Lets get down to basics here. "Then I learned that I could download Win7 online for free (legit!)" Where did you get the legit product key?

From the case of my cobo! it usually comes with one you know.... =D

Just wandering during this whole time. You were going from one version of windows to another . Did you format the hard drive?

Back