TechSpot

bsod when booting windows

By Acquiesce
Nov 11, 2005
  1. Hi peeps

I recently lent my dell laptop to a friend and have just received it back and now i have a problem when i turn the laptop on it says

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
    UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

and it then suggest rebooting the laptop and starting in safe mode
    Technical info

*** STOP: 0x000000ED (0x8a0757b8,0xc0000006,0x00000000,0x000000000)

When i rebbot i put the pc into safe mode and it goes back to the blue screen with the following info again... ive tried rebboting in all different start up modes and i cant seem to get anywhere

being absolutly useless with computers ( i struggle with my sons Vtec read along) im begging for Help

Grant

2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,919   +9

Welcome to TechSpot, Acquiesce

Did this friend happen to drop the laptop? It sounds like the hard disk is damaged.

3. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

Sounds like a hard drive error. You could try booting with the install disk and selecting "repair current installation".

Hope that helps. Rik.

4. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,582

yep,sounds like damaged hard drive or the hard drive may need to be reinserted ,may have loose connection.

5. BiZ

BiZ

Does it show the windows loading screen? If not then your harddrive could have gotten unplugged some how. But the unmountable boot volume message shows that its the HD so..... somehow the drive's format could have gotten changed.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.