BSOD when conneting WiFi usb

By Cobra427
Nov 1, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. When connecting a Wifi usb (tried several brands) I get a BSOD. I have no idea what is causing this (Wfi sticks are o.k.). I do remember that a few days ago I did ran CCleaner and did a "registry clean". I installed some software since, so going back is not really an option. It will probably create new problems. But how can I fix this BSOD problem?

I will attach the dmp files.

Specs for this dealer build pc:
    MoBo: Asus X99-A
    Power supply: Corsair GS 600
    CPU: intel i7 5930K
    GPU: Geforce GTX550
    RAM: 16 Gb
    Soundcard: Sounblaster something (can remember the number, will look up if it is important)

BTW: the dmp files are not zipped, but are .rar. I cound not upload a .rar file, so I changed the extension.

Attached Files:

2. Cobra427

Cobra427 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I can add to the above: when I switch on the wireless adaptor I will get an BSOD immediately.

Please if you download the files: change the extension back to .rar
  3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,156   +598

For a certainty you have a bad driver. Which OS is this and where did you get the driver?
  4. Cobra427

I am on Win 7 64 bit. I tried a brand new Wifi usb stick with a driver on a CD. That also did not work.
    Were you able to check the dmp files?
    Is it possible there are drivers for the Network hardware on the Mobo that got somehow corrupted?
  5. Cobra427

I found the original CD that came with the MoBo and installed the Intel chipset network drivers again. No errors during installation. Tried again and again a BSOD the moment the system turns on the adaptor for wireless LAN.
    What next??
  6. Cobra427

I tried a few BSOD repair utilities, but every one failed to instal. I think they need an Internetconnection and that is just the problem. I have no connection on that computer due to BSOD.
    Can someone please help!
  7. Cobra427

I was really hoping for some help. Is this one to difficult?