Bsod when doing multitask

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScaRL

I receive bsod error irql not less or equal when multitask games window.
i have done memtest v 1.55 that comes in bios. All pass no error. this is a brand new mobo TA690G with HIS 2600xt. I've also upgrade my ati driver to the latest ones on ati.com and still receives error.

temperature when playing games are around 56c - 58c . Cpu is around 30c . Hope tech pro here could help me identify what are causing the problem.

here's are my rig specs.

AMD x2 3600
biostar ta690g
his 2600xt
2gb ddr2
xigmatek s1283
power logic 500 watt.

All three have crashed at RtkHDAud.sys. Try updating the onboard sound drivers.

BugCheck 100000D1, {104, 2, 0, ab2b8755}
Probably caused by : RtkHDAud.sys ( RtkHDAud+7b755 )
ab23d000 ab692000 RtkHDAud RtkHDAud.sys Tue Apr 10 20:04:30 2007 (461B6F3E)

thanks peterdeva. i have updated all driver ea ati, realtek and now new error come out.. again it come out while i'm playing games.

First minidump cites the same driver that peterdiva reported.

The second minidump was too general for a definitive answer: win32k.sys. However, the process core.exe was mentioned and this is a loader for EA's BF2142. I am just wondering if this update driver isn't trying to access when it shouldn't thus causing crashes. As you said, your BSODs occur when plaing games. Still 4 of 5 minidumps report RtkHDAud.sys.

since i'm using ati gc. all drivers installed using ati gc latest driver .. it's in one pack, chipset and all.. do i need to install a fresh xp or something?

Here's the recent 4 minidump . Just now on bsod page it says ati3d error something. I didn't see it clearly. When check with windbg , it says win2ksys causing the error. Hope u guys could help me figure out what's really wrong with my new system.

Uninstall EA Desktop Client. The four crashes since updating the sound drivers all look to be the same. The process in three of them is core.exe.

Post some more minidumps if it continues to crash.

I don't have ea desktop client. The game that i'm playing at the time was Voyage Century Online.. Core.exe belongs to them. Does this mean V.C is giving me problem , or is it my GC ?

But as peterdiva points out all four minidumps point to core.exe.

core.exe is a driver for the process EA Desktop Client or EA Link which belongs to the software EA downloader or EA Desktop Client or EA Link by Electronic Arts.

EA Desktop Client may be embedded and you need to a search. Also, note my first response on 2/21.

Have you updated your chipset drivers yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back