BSOD when going into sleep mode

OS: Win 7 home Edition SP1 x64 installed recently from OEM disc
Installed on desktop with hardware upgraded in the last 12 mths.
CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 @ 2.70 GHz
Onboard graphics & sound card
MB: MSI B150M PRO-VDH ( ms-7982)
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO- 250GB
TP Link WN88IND PCIE W/less adapter card
8 MB RAM

Recently did a clean install of Win 7 Home Premium on my desktop, followed by install of SP1 & all updates. System is running fine except I get BSOD when going into sleep mode. Tried update reinstall of OS to no avail.
More recently computer just shut down when going into sleep, still get the same message re unexpected shutdown as before. Please last 3 dump file zip attached.
Recently enabled Driver Verifier- did not show any problem drivers, at start-up anyway.

Any suggestions appreciated,

Cheers Bruce

Attachments

• dm log output.zip
    187.3 KB · Views: 0
  • dm log output.zip
    187.3 KB · Views: 0
One of the main advantages of investing in an SSD is the very fast boot up and shut down time. You can manage fine without sleep mode so it's not worth the bother.

Don't get myopic on SSD - - we've had systems for decades w/o it and it's not all it's cracked up to be.
Your symptom has nothing to do with SSD.

issue EVENTVWR.MSC, find the systems log and scroll for ERRORS - - what do you find?

I was suggesting he avoid the problem in the first place by not using sleep mode. I have three computers now with SSD drives and they are brilliant. The only downside is the price for a decent capacity SSD.

Yes, BUT both Sleep and Hibernate are normal functions of windows and should ALWAYS work on any system.
For it to fail, I would suspect
  1. inadequate freespace
  2. permission issues

Thanks all for your input. I have sleep option set to never at the moment but finding the cause of problem is my preference. Have attached copy of error report where time-out is mentioned, this may assist.
cheers Bruce

Attachments

• Error.PNG
    Error.PNG
    137.7 KB · Views: 1
That one is very common and NOT related.
Open NOTEPAD and Copy / Paste into it a few of these errors please

Thanks for your follow up, have attached report for error that occurred just prior to dump file creation when I tried to enter sleep mode.

Attachments

• Error.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 1
It appears Content Protection HECI Service was added to your system and it's doubtful that it is required at all.
You can disable that in services:
  • runas /user:administrator cmd and give the password
launch SERVICES.MSC
scroll to find it and set startup to DISABLE
then STOP the service.

System shut down instead of going into sleep. Error text attached dm log zip. Dump is flagging wsimdx. sys as probable cause?

Attachments

• Error.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 0
Back