BSOD....wheneverI play games

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brandon

Well, regardless of what games, my computer will just freezes up for no reason. I had been changing display drivers for my Geforce 8800GTX but to no avail. I'm suspecting that all the causes of system instability is the display driver. But well, I better let the experts take a look.

I had just faced a IRQL Not Less Or Equal Error..

with the following code.

0x1000000a (0xd9c45e9d, 0x0000001c, 0x00000000, 0x80502381)

I'm also attaching a minidump. Please help me. Thanks.

Attachments

• Mini122106-02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 7
Hmm.. you had looked through the dump file? That's fast...

Thanks.

It only takes a few seconds to look at 1 dump file. Frankibo is right. This is the culprit:
ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+2b381 )

Hmm.. isn't that a kernel file or something? I recognized that file name.

Yes but it crashes as a result of a Video driver OR faulty memory module. Always try the easiest thing first. If you have more dump files we can look at those and see if we can get more info on the crash.

Hmmm.. thanks a lot but well, I'm gonna try and play some more games since i had done some driver cleaning up. If there's no more crash, well, then the problem is fixed. Otherwise, I will put up more dump files here.

Heh... seems like i can play games without the system freezing up on me however, it seems that my games, after playing a while, they experience an error. So now.. that means they are no compatible with my display driver eh?

Also make sure your PSU is powerful enough, although there is no evidence so far; I just said that now so you don't run into any potentially unwanted restarts. Also, what error are you receiving?

hmmm.. don't know. The games's error never say anything. They just say that, it experience an error and had to shut down. Well, I will do more test with more graphic intensive games to see if there are any more freezing, restarts and system errors.

As for the PSU... they are good. Powerful enough to support a single Geforce 8800GTX.

thanks for all your help so far.

Hmmm, I had re-formated my pc and erm re-installed all the drivers. I experienced my first bsod while surfing the net. Please help me find out what is causing the error. Thanks

Here is the dmp file.

The file SYMEVENT.SYS is causing the latest crash. I believe it is a Norton Crashguard file. Get rid of anything Norton and download some free stuff from the downloads section on Techspot.

Hmmm.... is that so.. then how come did windows report it as erm device driver error? Funny isn't it.

And wow...fastco, can you be my teacher in debugging dump files? Man... that's so cool hehehe

Hmmm.. here's another dump file I got when playing games and I disabled Norton Anti Virus.

Help me decipher it. If it is related to the Norton Anti Virus and nothing else, then I can deduce that Norton Anti virus is causing my system to have the instability.

Erm... anyone there? bump. :D Help me....

see above post.

Something I got today.

OK now the file nv4_disp.dll caused a crash. It is an Part of your Nvidia drivers. Run Driver Cleaner while the computer is in Safe Mode. Remove all of your video drivers. Reinstall the latest video drivers. Also make sure the computer is not overheating and is free of dust inside the case.

hmmm.. for both of the dump file posted recently? nv4_disp cause it?

Hi,

One windows is crashed with IRQl 28 (ie clock level IRQL) and it is the symptom of hardware error (probably it is ram). 2 minidumps are crashed at Norton AV and this version has known software bug.

Conclusion
Your windows are crashed with multiple culprits: software (ie Norton AV) and hardware (ie RAM ??). Upgrade Norton AV and memtest to stress test the ram. I am not sure whether your version of nVidia Display card driver has software problem or not as it is very concurrent.

Debug report
Mini122106-02.dmp BugCheck 1000000A, {d9c45e9d, 1c, 0, 80502381}
Crash at Timer IRQL 28
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!KiFindReadyThread+81 )

Mini122206-01.dmp BugCheck 1000000A, {0, 2, 1, 805217e0}
Probably caused by : SYMEVENT.SYS ( SYMEVENT+7752 )

Mini122306-01.dmp BugCheck 4E, {2, 22897, 3feef, 1}
Probably caused by : SYMEVENT.SYS ( SYMEVENT+79e1 )

Mini122406-02.dmp BugCheck 100000EA, {85d40808, 85eb4648, f78c2cbc, 1}
Probably caused by : nv4_disp.dll ( nv4_disp+9d522 ) <--- RAM or Video Card

Oh thanks.

Norton Anti Virus had been removed. No more crashes for that. Graphic card has been sent for RMA and waiting for a new one. Current is using x300, no problems so far. RAM is good and working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back