BSOD while beginning game

By jmstech
Feb 19, 2007
  1. Hello!

I am getting a BSOD with "Bad_Pool_Header" when I am trying to utilize my "Nascar Racing 2003 Season" game. However, the BSOD does not immediately appear when I start game, only after "action" occurs. (accelerator, etc.) My machine functions normally and without issue in every other aspect of its utilization, i.e., the BSOD never appears until I begin the game. In fact, all is well even when I first start the game -- I put in the disc; The option screen to "begin" appears; I click on "begin"; the game starts up, I choose tracks, etc., but when I begin any "action" within the game (pressing accelerator more than once, for example), the BSOD rears up. Along with the "Bad_Pool_Header" at the top of BSOD display, the following "Stop" errors appear at the bottom of BSOD:
    **I've never had problems using the game at any other time, other than needing a better vid card to upgrade from Nascar 2002 to 2003. (I have an NVIDIA GeForce FX5500 which has always worked fine, and I downloaded and installed the newest NVIDIA drivers for it last night, as I have always done periodically).
    The only "change" that I can think of was the adding of SP2 to my XP Pro OS. I did the SP2 upgrade a while ago, but had not tried to use the game since the upgrade until relatively recently. Each time, the above described action occured with the game -- I am finally writing to you now because I am TRULY stumped. Again, my machine functions with no issues during regular use, internet use, and I regularly do Windows Update.

Did I miss something along the way?? Some SP2 tweak?? I appreciate any and all help you may be able to provide!

Thanks much!
    Jon S.
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

Search for game patches and install them and see if that helps.
  3. jmstech

jmstech TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you for the reply!

Unfortunately, the 2003 version was Sierra/Papyrus' last NASCAR sim, and all the patches were completed circa 2004. What I was hoping to find is perhaps a workaround of some sort with SP2, and something that would help identify the STOP messages accompanying the BSOD.
    Since Sierra is no longer supporting my specific game, the workaround I was hoping for would be for something others may be experiencing with other games, again perhaps due to SP2. I have yet to find anything....

Thanks again,
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.