BSOD while playing games on low quality settings

I'm new here, but I've had this issue for a while. everytime I would run a game on low quality settings, my computer would crash and restart with random bsod errors. I've run chkdsks, memory diag, and scanned my pc, and everything checks out. I believe my computer reaches the requirements needed to run this game (MLB 2K11). I've attached a picture of what my screen looks like before it restarts. now it doesnt restart anymore, and I cant get minidump files. I checked to see if it was a heating issue, but it wasnt. I updated all my drivers, but this still happens. please help...I'm running out of ideas :(

here are my specs...

Windows Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (64-bit) Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421
Memory (RAM) 3835 MB
CPU Info AMD Phenom(tm) II N930 Quad-Core Processor
CPU Speed 1991.4 MHz
Sound Card Speakers and Headphones (IDT Hi
Display Adapters AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 | AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 | RDPDD Chained DD | RDP Encoder Mirror Driver | RDP Reflector Display Driver

im used to bsod's on old computers, but for the life of me I cant figure out what that weird scrambled screen means...any ideas?

Attachments

• get-attachment.jpg
    get-attachment.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 3
isplay Adapters AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 | AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 | RDPDD Chained DD | RDP Encoder Mirror Driver | RDP Reflector Display Driver

I deducted from this that you have a discrete graphic card i.e. HD 5650 and an onboard HD 4250 Integrated Graphics (hopefully I am right).

You need to open you PC, and see whether my observation is true. On PCI-Express 2 slot there will be an graphic card (if I am right), you need to disconnect monitor/all power connectors before pulling out the card, and then attach your monitor to onboard graphics display port. Then turn on your system.

Please do not forget to pull out main power cord from the socket.

it turns out that ati mobility radeon hd 5650 was downloaded. i uninstalled it from the device manager...i'll keep you posted if the problem happens again :)

Back