BSOD while playing guildwars2

Aradoz

Hi all,

Hi everyone, since I bought a new computer I have had problems with guildwars2, while I play at the beginning once every few hours the screen turned black for a few seconds and then the game went back to normal, then started client crashes due to “critical graphic drivers error” and the I had several blue screens. I tried to reinstall guildwars but it didn’t fixed that, I checked the windows file system but there is no corrupted file there, I ran the diagnostic memory tool and nothing wrong was noticed. CPU and GPU are not overheating. I tried to deactivate antialiasing on graphic settings and seemed like it was fixed but last night I had another blue screen, anyway momentarily black screen always come up. I also tried to reinstall graphic drivers but nothing. Any idea on how to fix this? I have problems only with guildwars 2 client, every other game/program runs perfectly. I uploaded also the latest minidump files for the bluescreens. sorry for my bad english
smile.png

My configuration:
Intel i5 4460 3.4 ghz
Ram 8gb corsair
AMD R9 270

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    109.2 KB · Views: 1
I used that tool when I reinstalled the graphic drivers on the card, could be that the graphic card has something wrong or is malfunctioning then? thanks for the help anyway :)

It's a desktop computer, meanwhile I also tried removing all the drivers from the computer and reinstalling amd drivers without catalyst control center, but still I had a BSOD

I wouldn't know what to do then, I tried everything, also advices given via support ticket were useless ...

Did you try pulling the video card out and cleaning the gold contacts with a pencil eraser and making sure that the cards fan is spinning freely and that it is clean and free of dust

The computer is like 3 weeks old so I don't think there should be dust or something, I will try anyway :)

Ok now I had another blue screen, same error, but with another game, I'm starting to think that the graphic card is faulty or something...

You're right, there's really no reason to think that a 3 week old computer is dusty inside. Yes I can believe that you have a hardware issue or that the Windows drivers haven't been fully updated yet. Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager?

Ok I run the new version of memtest86 on all computer hardware and as result I had 0 errors! maybe a new windows installation could solve the problem? and upgrading windows 7 to 8.1 could work too? and no there isn't any yellow (!) in the device manager!

Does this happen when you watch HD video as well?

Simple step-try swapping the video card for a spare. Install the spare's drivers, obviously. If the same problem happens, it's not the video card. If it doesn't happen, then it IS the video card, and you need a new one.

Back