BSOD while playing World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcticqueen

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? I blue screen only while playing WoW. It is sporatic and doesnt happen everyday. I have recently replaced my video card and power supply and it hasn't helped. This is the stop message that I get:

0x000000D1 (0x0000005C,0x00000009,0x00000001,0XF6E66018)
It says at the top DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

This is my last hope, I have even had the Geek Squad come to my house and they can't fix it either! lol
Lynn

Attach a Minidump; if you have several then Zip them.

Geek Squad = * sigh * Did they even try to read your Minidumps? :suspiciou

Your minidumps can be found by going to your C drive >Windows folder> Minidump folder. I have found it much easier to make another folder and place it on my desktop and transfer these minidumps there for easier access.

So when you go to post just attach your minidump like you would when you do an email and you browse your folders for a Word document, etc., and attach and then send.

Hope this is clear enough.

By the way, Lynn, do you know what Firewall you have installed?

All 9 of your Minidumps point to one thing: P16X.sys This is good news in that you don't have a number of errors going to sevreal different possibilities.

This error occurs in Creative SoundBlaster Sound Cards, especially during MMORPGs. You play WoW and the WoW.exe was also listed in the dump reads.

Everything I read these cards are especially utilized in Dell Dimension computers. Do you have a Dell and do you know what sound card you have?

I suggest trying the following:

1. Check your game manufacture website and see if they have a patch for this issue. I am sure the WoW boards have a Tech Forum for this game and search for P16X.sys error or Soun Blaster sound card problem, etc., and see what you come up with. If they don't have a tech forum, shame on them.

2. Uninstall and reinstall the manufacture's drivers for this card.

3. Turn off the EAX or run in normal two channel speaker.

Let me know how it turns out.

Well the Geek Squad was coming out anyway so i made them do it! lol
They kept saying the same thing about EAX has to be disabled. So they messed around with my computer for about an hour or so and finally figured it out. They disabled the EAX, and downloaded new drivers for my sound card (which is around 4 years old). I havent blue screened yet and that was on 3/31/07. Only time will tell.........

Thank you guys so much for your help and support. You are right about geek squad too (they dont know what they are doing). After you told me about the minidump folder I had to tell them. Plus they were looking around on THIS website for answers! Now that's funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back