BSOD while streaming on a new build

Ifrita

Hello,

I'm writing to report a strange thing that is happening to me. I've been using a streaming program called Evolve for about 2 weeks now, and I am completely satisfied with it's performance. It's been working without a problem until 2 days ago when I upgraded my pc with a new cpu (intel i5 - 4670) and motherboard (Gigabyte MB LGA 1150 Z87 D3), and my ram remained the same, which is 4gb ddr3. My pc worked fine, until I tried streaming. On a freshly installed Windows 7 (at first I thought that the bsod had something to do with Windows updates not being up to date), I tried to stream. After a few minutes a BSOD happened. Not only did it happen, it took me an entire 2 hours to be able to boot my pc up (it couldn't go past the windows loading screen, it restarted again midway, or I had another BSOD restart it, f8 didn't work). I managed to boot my pc up by unplugging the internet connection and my webcam. During the reboot fails, my mouse stopped working a few times as well. Once I got my pc up, after a few minutes of working, my pc experianced another BSOD and it happened randomly several times after. I updated windows updates, and then the pc worked fine for awhile. I tried streaming, and it worked for a few hours, and then again during the stream, I've had another bsod, after which it took me a few times of rebooting to get my pc up again. As I've said, I've had no trouble with Evolve before the upgrade of my pc. Before the upgrade, OBS caused the very same problem, and it also took me alot to boot my pc up again, but never did I have so much BSOD in such a short time. Could you give me a few suggestions of what I should do? If you need any more information, I'll provide it asap.

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as a file here

I should also mention that my driver Intel HD Graphics 4600 is now up to date and my graphic card (AMD Radeon 6670 1gb) driver is too. Here is the Minidump.

Attachments

• 030214-32089-01.zip
    136.4 KB · Views: 7
You have a conflict with the on-board Intel graphics and your ATI graphics card. You must select the driver you want to use in the bios...

I'm learning slowly, but I'm having a hard time finding out how to do this. Could you please explain how this is to be done?

Do you have a friend that is good with computers? I don't know how your computer got messed up in the first place. You installed Windows fresh, but you didn't apply any of the Windows updates before you started to use it again?

Yes, that would be the case, unfortunately. What would you suggest I should do at this point? Would reinstalling Windows, letting the updates update (as they should) and setting the driver in bios, or would selecting the driver in bios do the job?

Yes, go ahead and install Windows again and apply all the Windows Updates. Install all the drivers until there are no yellow (!) in the device manager...

I have searched around and I've come across additional options, besides doing it under bios, for disabling the integrated onboard graphic card. In the Device Manager under Display Adapters, I've found that there are indeed two running graphic cards. One includes that the switch for disabling the onboard video could be a physical jumper which I will try to locate, and the other answer I've found which sounds somehow outdated is to simply disable it under device manager, turn off pc and make sure the monitor is connected to the right port. I have looked into Bios settings (over tutorials), and even though it's somewhat a similar process, it's not something I'd mendle with alone.

I've reinstalled Windows 7, and I have disabled the on-board graphics card trough bios. Everything is updated and works fine. I also suspect that the reason for my blue screen crashes could have been the webcam, and since I have unplugged it, even with the previous Windows installation, I've had no crashes. I would just like to ask for an opinion: besides the conflict with graphics, and webcam, could I have had blue screens be caused by the cpu using or not having enough ram (I only have 4gb)?

The minidumps you posted only reference the two video graphics options and not a webcam. 4GB's of RAM is enough for most...

I have reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate, let everything properly update, and even successfuly streamed once everything was done. Today I've tried to install a new webcam from the package driver (CNR WCAM 420 HD), my pc started messing up again, and after downloading and reinstalling the driver I had to unplug the webcam as the entire workspace was stuck, my pc got a new blue screen. Bad_pool_header, I'll link it as I've managed to find it (http://m.bestofmedia.com/sfp/images...94dbb2/09-badpoolheader_tha_us_1365152255.png). I really need my webcam working, is there any way to fix this? I've included the link of the minidump file.

I should also add that this blue screen was the same one I kept seeing from the previous crashes.

Attachments

• 030814-28267-01.zip
    20.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
I have, as I said. This is a completely new webcam. I've tried to uninstall it's driver completely, I'll see how it works.

I have been able to solve the issue by not installing the driver for the webcam at all. So far no bsod. You can close this post, and thank you for your help! :)

Back