BSOD while trying to install windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey

bout 3 weeks ago i bought new hardware and made up a computer system, it went sweet until yesterday. it would just randomly blue screen then restart, use to only do it a bit but started getting more frequent (all in one day) then it'd hang on the 'welcome' screen, sometimes it would restart during the windows xp loading screen, it doesn't even boot into safe mode! just restarts

so i got out my windows xp cd and proceeded to reinstall. i deleted the c: partition, repartitioned it installed windows. it wanted to reboot and carry on installing from the disk as it does as this point. and it restarts in the same spot after the windows xp loading screen! and keeps doing it

the error that comes up with the blue screens is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and sometimes PAGE_FAULT_IN_A_NON_PAGED_AREA) but lately it's been giving 0x000000BE and 0x0000007E or something errors

it first started happening when i was playing world of warcraft (don't laugh ) and it would blue screen and restart. i was like wtf. then it did it again later on. the next day this is when it started doing it every 30 mins, then 10 mins, then got more frequent and frequent and now it is what it is, won't boot anything.

i've run memtest and windows diagnostic on the ram, no errors. also tried taking one stick out and trying that but no luck.

i've tried another hard drive, no luck. i've tried unplugging the dvd-rom, still no luck. i've tried resetting the cmos and updating the bios, no luck

i took a photo of one of the blue screens as seen here: http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1020047yr8.jpg and this is one of me trying to boot up the gentoo install cd: http://img488.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1020044iw9.jpg

thanks for any help..

yeah it's geniune. even if it wasn't geniune, linux wouldn't even boot as well.. suggesting a hardware problem? ok i'm gonna have to go out and buy some ram then.. memtest said it was ok though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back