BSOD win32.sys problme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my last 3 minidumps and the eventlog. I have had 2 out of the last 3 times I have burnt a dvd with clonedvd2 and anydvd. I have been using these two for a long time not sure why the fail now. I however get win32.sys as the problem when i use windows debugging tools. I used dumpchk but did not get anything I could use. I was wondering if some here could take look and see if they point me to the drive that is causing this. I have did a ram check and my ram passed. I have a athlon xp 2200 with 768 meg of ram. I am running xp sp1 Thanks any help would be great.
jp

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash at win32k.sys, they all have a bugcheck of C2. 2 also reference CloneDVD2.exe and 1 references Firefox.exe.

0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER
(Click to consult the online Win XP Resource Kit article.)
A kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. Typically, a faulty driver or buggy software causes this.

Uninstall both the above applications. Check that you have all the latest drivers etc. See how your system runs.

If it starts to run ok, reinstall Firefox and test your system again. If all`s ok, reinstall CloneDVD2 and test again.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thanks for taking the time to figure this out for me. I will take your advice and let you know the results.`Once again thanks
JP

I uninstalled clonedvd2 and installed the new version. Now When it finished burning I got bsod but not a 0xce but a 0x1000008e. I am attaching my lastest mini for a look see.

Your minidump crashes with pool corruption and a bugcheck of 8E.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back