TechSpot

BSOD Win7x64 0xC0

By Chip90
Dec 19, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I am running Win 7 x64 (OEM) on a 2 year old self built system. This problem has started recently.

I have the following
    Intel Core 2 Duo E3110 3.0Ghz CPU @ 3.29 Ghz
    Abit Ip-35E motherboard
    4GB HP DDR2 RAM (2x2GB)
    Freezer 7 Pro CPU Fan at 100%
    3 case fans
    7200GS Nvidia Graphics Card
    320GB Seagate HD
    1.5 TB Seagate HD
    2 TB Hitachi HD
    700W Earthwatts PSU

I recently ran Avast (thought I had a virus from some software I dled) and it found some 20 'viruses'. I didn't read them over too well and just deleted them all. After a reboot, the computer would go to the login page as normal, but as soon as I login I would BSOD with

'IRQL not equal or less'

I pressed F8 and ran the system restore wizard and now I can successfully login. However, it will randomly BSOD (has done twice so far) in Windows. I have attached the .dmp files and hope someone will be able to interpret them.

I have attached the .dmp files in .zip folder since they were too big to individually upload. TIA!

Attached Files:

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

As per your minidumps they cite issues with your registry. But DO NOT use any registry repair or "fix it" software. We here at TechSpot have found they do far more damage than any good they claim.

Instead, do a Windows Repair. See this link: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

3. Chip90

Chip90 TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks for the quick reply! i thought it might be a bad ram module, so i am running memtest86 atm. When thats done, I'll give the Repair a try!

4. Chip90

Chip90 TS Rookie Topic Starter

ok memtest came back clean.

i tried the install repair, but it bsod while it was doing that and now i can't even get back to booting 7 without a bsod. since i cant do repair install in safe mode (which works) or via boot dvd, im sol.

any other ideas before i have to do a clean install?

I have added new dump logs.

Attached Files:

5. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,682   +86

Please try to revert your system back to some earlier point in time, where it was working using System Restore (in safe mode); and then try again.

6. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

Archean's advice is a good one. If that doesn't work we want you to run a harddrive daignosttics. Have you ever run one before? What is the make of your harddrive?