BSoD, Windows 7

About 2 weeks ago my computer started crashing with some grey screen & vertical white stripes. I got no idea what caused it and it didn't seem to be triggered by anything special or too often, say once every.. two days or something.

yesterday, I got my first bsod. followed by another stripped crash. and the stripped crash started coming more often.
today, I turned on my computer and shortly after loading the desktop I got another blue screen, comp restarted, then I got another stripped crash, and it kept going several times until I decided to reinstall windows because the crashes were too constant and my drivers were up to date already

I thought the reinstall would work but I've gotten two blue screens so far and stripped crashes. I've also been getting some critical errors on WoW but I'm gonna guess that's another story.

Info
ASRock 3N78D
500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue
AMD Athlon2 X3 450 3,2Ghz
Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) Value Select DDR3 1333MHz
XFX Radeon HD5670 512MB

I attached 2 minidump files

Attachments

• 052911-19203-01.zip
    49.9 KB · Views: 2
One of two things may be happening: 1) the video card is failing as per your symptoms known as artifacting or b) as per your minidump codes of 0x3B and the citing of the Nvidia driver atikmgag.sys as the cause of your issue I first suggest doing the following...

1. Download Driver Sweeper free version to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Sweeper and remove ONLY the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* Let us know if stability returns.

I did this yesterday, comp worked fine for a couple of hours, blue screened, then I got no more crashes.

today I've gotten around 5 blue screens and I still can't find the source

uploaded today's minidumps

Attachments

• 053111-24859-01.zip
    176.7 KB · Views: 1
As per your minidump files your issue is with memory corruption. Therefore you’ll need to run Memtest on your RAM.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version which is 4.20. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

There is a Tutorial: How to use Memtest in our Guides and Tutorials forum; follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes (not hours; this test is not measured by hours); the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

Back