TechSpot

BSOD!!! Windows says that it is a device driver

By fermanagh
Nov 22, 2006
  1. Hi Guys,

My first thread...and boy and am i annoyed with my system! I have a Dell Inspiron 9400, basically about 6 mths old.

I keep getting the dreaded BSOD every so often and i'm hoping it's not hardware/memory related! It says that the problem is related to a device driver on my system but that it cannot tell the exact cause??? Thanks Bill :confused:

I have done a chkdsk already but to no avail...

Please find attached 2 mini-dump files - thanks for any help!

DM

Oh yeah i forgot...the errors i usually get are the following:

driver irql not less or equal
    sometimes with tcpip.sys included
    bad pooler caller

2. cpc2004

cpc2004 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,994

Hi,

I believe the crash is related to software error of ADSL Modem Driver (dlink) driver. Update ADSL modem driver may resolve the blue screen problem

Mini112106-01.dmp BugCheck 100000D1, {0, 2, 0, f46e6e7b}
    Probably caused by : wanarp.sys ( wanarp!WanNdisSendComplete+12f ) <-- actually it is crashed by gwausb.sys

Mini112206-01.dmp BugCheck 1000000A, {a76634cc, 2, 0, 805084be}
    Probably caused by : gwausb.sys ( gwausb+1c21 )

3. fermanagh

fermanagh TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks alot...yes, it seems that this was causing the blue screens! By the way, how did you manage to work that out? I'd like to know for future reference, ie: in analysing the dump files

By the way i have another problem...my laptop is hanging on 'saving your settings' everytime i go to restart or shutdown...i've disabled the welcome screen which is supposedly responsible for this. I also have all critical updates etc for XP - i also did a chkdsk...no issues...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.