TechSpot

BSOD Windows XP SP2

By Robh001
Oct 16, 2005
  1. Hi..

Had a problem with my PC on Monday. PSU did some thing fruity and died a death. Whatever happened seemed to effect my m/board as well because when i replaced the PSU nothing worked (No keyboard / Mouse etc, USB so suspect some surge etc)

Replaced the motherboard and had to reinstall XP. Since then i've been having blue screen of death with Driver_IRQL_NOT_Less_OR_EQUAL, Win32k.sys BSOD and Page_Fault_IN_NONPAGED_Area

Personally i'm thinking the CPU could be up the nile. I've run the mem tests and they all come back A-OK.... But I know the mem test aint always 100% spot on.

I've attached the dump files (Some of them from a few days ago some from today) and it seems to be crashing for different reasons today!! Let me know what you guys think!!

2. cpc2004

cpc2004 TS Rookie Posts: 2,044

Ho Robh001,

It is memory problem. Maybe your motherboard is incompatible with the ram.

Suggestion
    1. Check the temperature of the CPU and make sure that it is not overheat (ie temperature < 60C)
    2. Reseat the memory stick to another memory slot
    3. Downclock the ram
    4. Clean the dust inside the computer case
    5. Make sure that the ram is compatible to the motherboard
    If it still crashes, diagnostic which memory stick is faulty
    Take out one memory stick. If windows does not crash, the removed memory stick is faulty.

3. Robh001

Robh001 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi cpc2004. Thanks for the response..

I'll try the suggestions and let you know

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.