BSOD with no error code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after attempting to tweak my computer to run Fable TLC without crashing or even getting it started (Don't worry, this isn't going to be fully about Fable) I somehow screwed up my drivers to now BSOD without a code on most any video I play on my computer. I have attempted the sticky post of what to do prior to posting minidumps, even though I kind of figured none of them would work (Did improve my computers performance though).

So, with all that said, here's the knitty, gritty truth of what caused this new problem to crop up; after trying to fix Fable with Microsoft's methods...I got really angry and after installing new drivers for the video card on my computer the BSOD started and then I did something stupid: I started randomly deleting video and audio codecs. After doing this I uninstalled the codec packs through Window's Add/Remove programs and then got the updated versions, but the driver problem stuck.

Continuing on, I got some programs for driver cleaning, registry cleaning, and disk defragmenting, which have all worked quite well, but have not solved the initial problem. After trying all of them I got new drivers, tried doing it all in safe mode, but to no avail, which brings us to now. I can safely say I've kind of run out of options due to the fact I can't read minidumps and will attempt to look up how to after posting this here, but I'm pretty much tired of trying to figure it out and am about ready to just reinstall Windows...

Going to post as many minidumps as I can, just so there's plenty of reference.

I did forget to mention that there were a couple of instances in which I got an error code, but it was definitely not caused by the same problem (But I would like to fix it if it hasn't already been fixed by my meddling and tweaking.).

Edit - Forgot to add the error code >_< 0X0000008E (0x00000005, 0x0078F000, 0x9DB5BC14, 0x00000000)
0X0000008E (0x00000005, 0x00A32000, 0xA27ECC14, 0x00000000)

More minidump posts!

Okay, so after a lot of rummaging I found this thread...which I'm not allowed to link because I don't have enough posts, but if you do a search on:

"ati bsod fixed finally will help all you ati3duag.dll squeal death et"

And followed it's path of reasoning, but it didn't work...at first.

I then redid *everything* (Everything being: reinstalling all video/mobo drivers and the 2 files listed at the end of the solution in the link) in SAFE mode. *Pats self on back and thanks the guy that figured out the problem in the first place.*

Hope anyone else with this problem that comes looking gets help from this, ^_^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back