By NGen
Sep 14, 2009
  1. I'm currently dual-booting Windows 7 and Windows Vista on a DELL Inspiron 1525 with an SATA 250GB HDD. After beginning to boot up 7, I got BSOD with the error code:

0x00000003, 0x84DD9D90, 0x84DD9EDC, 0x8127A330

The message is:

A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

Neither 7 nor Vista boot up completely. I get to the point where the cursor shows up on a black background, but a few seconds after that the error message shows up again. We've tried all available options for loading both OS's. I've had Windows 7 on my laptop for a few months now, and have never had this problem. I have not recently installed any new drivers or software, and no updates have been released for 7 (I rarely use Vista).

We ran scans to detect hardware malfunctions, but everything went smoothly. Obviously, I'm guessing this is a logical error.

I've tried putting in the Vista installation disk (I deleted the files for 7 installation), but after it loads up the files it just shows the background for the installation. No windows or anything.

Is there anything that I might've done to cause these problems? Is there any way I can fix them?
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

Was this system running Vista alone at one time? Have you checked your memory or hard drive for errors?
  3. NGen

NGen TS Rookie Topic Starter

Sorry, nevermind. We just got a new HDD, which fixed the problem (so it was definitely a logical error). I got BSOD when loading either one, and I couldn't get to the repair tools since I was getting IO errors. Probably something with the BIOS or POST.
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

Good job NGen... First things to check with BSOD's are memory and hard drives
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.