Bsod

Struyker

I am getting a number of errors; DRIVER_IRQL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, and REFERENCE_BY_POINTER
can't seem to stay logged on long enough to try and fix it...even if I log in Safe Mode or all the other "Mode's", any help in the area would be awesome!

Gateway - Vista Home

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

I can't even do that without it crashing, unless there is another way to view dump files...like I said I tried pretty much all of the "Modes" to try and get the dump files. I don't know what do you think??

Do you have access to another system? Have you experienced any infections? Updated any software?

Actually a friend of mine asked me to look at and I asked the same questions about any hardware installed or software, he said there wasn't any....he uses face book a lot and I told him that face book was hacked into today so maybe that's the problem but yes I do have own PC.

Two error codes are 0x18 and this means a driver was not able to accessed which means whatever harware it belongs to cannot function. Unfortunantly the files did not have the driver identified.

This code means that the device is not found like for instance it is not working properly or is missing. The text shown for this error code varies depending on the form of device (Plug and Play or legacy). If this device is a legacy or root detected machine the following text will be shown: This device is either not working properly not present or not all the drivers are installed.

The other driver cited is iaStor.sys and this is a Intel Matrix Windows driver that deals with SATA harddrive controller.

* I suggest you run a complete harddrive diagnostics.

How safe is it?? Does windows come with a Hard Drive Diagnostic Tool?? I ran chkdsk and it says that the Anti Virus is missing files or may be corrupted so at the moment I am trying to uninstall the Anti Virus software.

If your antivirus has missing or corrupt files there is the posibility that this system has been infected.

What is the make of your harddrive? (yes, harddrive diagnosing is very safe)

He may need to also update his chipset drivers.

The hard drive is a Seagate 750GB....it won't let me uninstall Anti Virus, tried System Restore through command prompt but it still failed....was thinking that maybe a recovery disc is last option.

Okay, I believe we found your problem. A minidump cited memory corruption as your problem and anytime this is cited as probable cause then we need to test it above everything else. You’ll need to run memtest on your RAM which enages 2 seconds after boot-up. See below...

There is a Tutorial: How to use Memtest in our Guides and Tutorials forum; follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

I ran the memtest on each stick of RAM and it didn't find any errors, they both passed to the 13th before I stopped it. What else do you think that it is?

Since Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match? How about the timings?

Also, check to see if your memory sticks are firmly seated.

Okay, let's approach this from a different angle. Go to Seagate's website and download their free harddrive diagnostics utility called Seatools. Burnto a CD and placed burned CD into your DVD drive. (You may have to place your DVD drive as first bootable in the BIOS to get this test to run)

Reboot and the test will almost immediately take over. Run SMART, Short DST, and especially the Long DST.

I did as instructed but it still says the same thing...I went into BIOS settings and set to read DVD/CD-Rom first. Maybe hard drive is fried?

Hmmm, do you have access to another system? A good tried and true method is to slave this harddrive to another system and access this harddrive through that system. You should be able to diagnose the harddrive.

Also, take out one of your RAM sticks and just run your system with one and then switch out. Any stability with just one stick?

Yes I just tried it with one stick of RAM but no luck, yes I do have access to another system and yes I was thinking the same thing, maybe my only option at this point. You know it read the memtest but it didn't read the seatool utility, I downloaded the seatool for windows on to desktop and then burned it to CD-R then tried to run onto Gateway system.

Is it possible that a) it didn't burn properly or b) your drive can't read the media on the CD it was burned to? In other words, some drives can't/won't read certain CDs. I had a Sony drive read everything except - and I'm not kidding - anything burned to a Sony made CD.

I used same CD-R's for Memtest & Seatools..maxell CD-R, yeah maybe I should burn it again and see what happens at least that will be another option eliminated.

Well I ran the Seatool Utility and it came back clean or everything is working fine, it didn't find anything wrong with the hard drive.

That is good to hear. I am wondering why memory was cited as corrupted. Have you installed any new hardware recently? What is the make and purported wattage of your power supply?

No new hardware installed as far as I know and the power supply is Delta Electronics, Inc. Model DPS - 200UB A....

Back