BSOD

Kimmo

To not start a new thread, I think this one somewhat matches a problem I am having except to add that shortly after receiving the error in the first post, my computer restarts. I was getting the blue screen (crash-dump) and then a restart.

I found something that helped me to boot in safemode and tried to have it go (forgive me I don't remember the term) back to where it last worked. It did the process and now I am not getting the blue screen but am still on the continual loop of restarting.

If I understand right, I can't access the Internet to do some of the above recommendations so I am wondering if I can get help to get it to stop the perpetual reboot process. (I am using my son's computer for this post).

Any help would be very much appreciated.

As a follow up I believe I somehow got a malware or virus since I recently started having ads popping up on any Internet window I had open. I started looking up recently added programs, which btw I do not remember adding. I recently removed one and the computer still had ads for about a day after that before it started this problem

I just restarted to see if I could get the exact error message it is:
Failed to Connect to a window service
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an adminstrative user, you can review the Styem Event log for deetails about why the service didn't respond

Then I get a pop up message saying:
Do you want to the the following program make changes to this computer
Desk 365
File origin: Hard drive on this computer

and before I can say No it did the blue screen again (thought it was gone but guess not) and is rebooting.

We prefer that you start a new thread rather than hijack an existing thread. If you believe you have a virus or malware, I recommend you post your problem in the Virus and Malware Removal forum. In the meantime, I'm moving this to the BSOD forum.

Ok, I messed up and posted on someone else's thread - I apologize. The first post of the thread described my problem so I didn't realize it was a hijack when it is the same problem.

I would like to say thank you first if anyone will take the time to read and respond to my problem. If someone can help me I will thank you again and again but just to get a start on what to do would be very much appreciated.

Since I did hijack an existing thread and then it was moved here I would like to make sure my problem is clear.

A couple days ago my computer shut down while was working on it and it wasn't the battery. It turned out to be a restart and it was a very slow restart including a long period of a black screen before finally booting and then taking even more time for the tiles of programs to come up on the desktop, it was right after that I received the erro message I quoted in the first post.

Also reading some of the other threads here, I know one question I will be asked so I will answer it now -

I have Windows 7

Sounds like the hard drive is failing. If you can get it to boot, go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click, sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

Thank you for your response and I have just had a chance to try to get the file you mentioned. It was easier than expected but since I can't get to the Internet on that computer, I have saved the files to a USB and will need to wait until I get home from work to upload them here. (work blocks us from using USBs and CDs so I can't do it on my work computer).

Attached is the zip file of the minidump... hoping it isn't too bad but right now I am prepared that a dying harddrive, which means bad in my mind. Maybe I will have to try my skill at replacing one.

Thanks in advance to anyone who is will to review it and let me know what they think the problem is

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    281 KB · Views: 1
There is a yellow exclamation point under Network Adapters on a line named Microsoft ISATAP adapter #4

Another random thong happened as it booted last night. Sound came on like I had video or sound clip running. I couldn't figure where or why it was running. I ended up muting it

LOL - typed the last post on my phone and didn't see auto-correct decided thing should be thong (or maybe it was my fat fingers)! Sorry, no thongs happening on my computer... although random things are happening maybe it is a thong

LOL - yes, exactly that is what it was referencing... the sandals.

SOooo does the exclamation point on the Network Adapters on a line named Microsoft ISATAP adapter #4 mean anything to you?

Back