BSOD

Napako21

Hello I've been having a problem with my computer blue screening. It has become an issue that has frustrated me so much. I have uploaded my mini dumps. When my computer blue screens, it comes with the message: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL I have been having this problem for quite a while now. (about 2 years~) My computer is custom built and here are the specs:
Motherboard: ASROCK 980dE3/U3S3
Power supply: Corsair CX500 500 watts
CPU (processor): AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.00 GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Windows 10

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    509.2 KB · Views: 5
Minidump doesn't give anything specific that I can see (not expert in this) - mostly 0xa STOP codes related to ntoskrnl.

Likely to be drivers or a loose (or slightly corroded) connection. Has there been any pattern of any type to the BSODs? (I had one which was the secretary walking by my desk - on cold dry days every time her skirt touched the partition, I crashed - low humidity - wool skirt - static - bad outlet ground) IBM 5150, but principles still apply.

First step, completely remove and then reconnect all cards and cables (both ends) and RAM.

Check for updated drivers.

Check for missing/failed updates.

Run memtest86 overnight. http://www.memtest86.com/

Sorry, this is not very specific help.

Minidump doesn't give anything specific that I can see (not expert in this) - mostly 0xa STOP codes related to ntoskrnl.

Likely to be drivers or a loose (or slightly corroded) connection. Has there been any pattern of any type to the BSODs? (I had one which was the secretary walking by my desk - on cold dry days every time her skirt touched the partition, I crashed - low humidity - wool skirt - static - bad outlet ground) IBM 5150, but principles still apply.

First step, completely remove and then reconnect all cards and cables (both ends) and RAM.

Check for updated drivers.

Check for missing/failed updates.

Run memtest86 overnight. http://www.memtest86.com/

Sorry, this is not very specific help.
actually I tried livestreaming and every time that I do it seems to always blue screen after about five minutes.

Then it could be heat related...check RANGE of temperatures when streaming for 4 minutes (HWInfo or similar) - especially GPU. Be sure all fans work.

If you have been dealing with this for 2 years, BSOD's must not be too frequent. Windows 10 has been out less than a year. Did you install Windows 10 clean or over the top of another Windows?

If you have been dealing with this for 2 years, BSOD's must not be too frequent. Windows 10 has been out less than a year. Did you install Windows 10 clean or over the top of another Windows?
I've had windows ten for the most part but just recently got windows 10

Also for some reason now whenever I try to render a video (2-3 min) my screen goes black but I can't do anything on my computer. If someone could please help that would be great.

Earlier I suggested: "Then it could be heat related...check RANGE of temperatures when streaming for 4 minutes (HWInfo or similar) - especially GPU. Be sure all fans work."

Also check range for voltages - voltage below spec could give you this problem.

Earlier I suggested: "Then it could be heat related...check RANGE of temperatures when streaming for 4 minutes (HWInfo or similar) - especially GPU. Be sure all fans work."

Also check range for voltages - voltage below spec could give you this problem.
im not really sure how to do that, sorry

Ok so I have turned on my computer and have noticed that my graphics card fans are on for about 1 min and then they stop. This could be causing it to overheat but I can't find out why they are stopping.

Using one of the sensor reading utilities listed above, what is the temperature of the GPU?
sorry I just used msi afterburner and now I can turn on my gpu fan. but when streaming it would get to 70 degrees. I don't know if this would overheat it

70 C is probably 'ok'. Touching 80C would indicate need to renew thermal paste on GPU heatsink.
Still would like you to install a utility to monitor range of temps and volts.
Want to know max temps and min volts you have after running streaming for 3-4 minutes (since it crashes at 5 minutes stop before it crashes).
As to msi afterburner - no overclocking at this time - make sure the fan comes on at low rpms even with low temps. I use a minimum of 800rpm for my fans. Use 100% fan at 65C.

My computer screen is mostly turning black and I can't do anything on it. Therefore, I have to restart it. This has become very frustrating as it happens when I livestream or render a video

If you look hear: when I rendered a video for about 1 min, the CPUTIN temp went from 45 degrees to 78

Attachments

• heat.JPG
    heat.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 3
  • dddadfee.JPG
    dddadfee.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 3
Looks like a heat problem - motherboard CPU Temperature Index...like a loose heatsink. Check youtube videos for renewing the thermal paste on CPU. Maybe check the heatsink cooler package carefully (plastic pushpins are known to fail - I've had that several times). Your CPU is much happier 10C cooler.

Let us know how it goes.

AMD FX(tm)-8350 Max temp 62C, socket 75C, Looks like you need more air flow also , I think SYSTIN is motherboard, 46c is a little warm mine runs 35c. Showing package ? think is core temp 65C , CPUTIN , socket temp 75. What is your room temp?

Ok so what I have done is taken out my heat sink and put it back. Ever since, my computer hasn't crashed/bluescreened. I think it was because I moved it around. Still though, I think I might get a new heatsink.

Ok so what I have done is taken out my heat sink and put it back. Ever since, my computer hasn't crashed/bluescreened. I think it was because I moved it around. Still though, I think I might get a new heatsink.
Did you use fresh thermal paste? Pea-sized?

AMD FX(tm)-8350 Max temp 62C, socket 75C, Looks like you need more air flow also , I think SYSTIN is motherboard, 46c is a little warm mine runs 35c. Showing package ? think is core temp 65C , CPUTIN , socket temp 75. What is your room temp?
I dont have any thermal paste

Back