Bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigBen

Hi,
New to TS forums and such, never had something like this happen to my comp before.

BSOD

Bad_Pool_Header
Stop: 0x00000019 (0x00000020, 0x863E7A78, 0x863E7AC0, 0x0A090013)

I've tried everything I know; no viruses or spyware present.
Was running WoW and firefox and went into another room to help my room mate, came back and had this BSOD. On restart it will BSOD with the same message before I can run anything, safemode works fine (In SM now). Disabled indexing service in safemode, ran memtest (no errors).

2.66 Pentium 4
1G RAM
SP2
XP home
Nvidia 5200fx (128)

Any help would be appreciated =)

Post your Minidumps and someone can at least help you get started in the right direction. :)

I would love to do that, just let me know what that is. Like I said, this is my first time ever having to use TS of any kind. Everything that I've done so far has been things that I've found online from similar situations. I don't have Hijack This, or anything like that if that is what you are talking about.

The one thing I have done since posting is disable all startup apps from msconfig. Still getting the same result.

I understand. We all have to start somewhere. I am realizing the longer I read here on TechSpot the more I have to learn. Anyway, when you experience a BSoD Windows will create a Minidump that writes a report of whereand what the issue is that caused your crash. Some are not hard to read while others can be convoluted and it takes high tech experienced people to read them. Fortunately this place has a few here that have a lot of PC experience and trouble shooting (and I am not one of them!).

a. Create a new, special folder on your desktop screen and designate it anyway you want. This will be for your Minidumps. I find it much easier to access this way.

b. Go to My Computer > Control Panel > C Drive > Find the Windows folder and click on that and search for the > Minidump folder. You will have your Minidump file(s) inside this folder.

c. For me I then click on the Minidump files (don't transfer the folder!) and transfer it to my designated folder on my desktop. Keep in mind, though, that every time you have a crash Windows will write the minidump file in C> Windows Folder> Minidump Folder, never your desktop folder

d. Return here to your thread and when you post attach your Minidumps like you would attach a document to an email.

e. If you can, please Zip them if you have many minidumps to read.

Someone will read them. Just be patient because sometimes it may take 12 to 24 hours because of TechSpot members higher priorities -- like me who needs to go to bed. :D I would say though that it will take less time for your dumps to be read, but as for a definitive answer that will probably take more time. ;)

All bar one of your dumps crash at bcmwl5.sys, which is a Broadcom wireless driver. Look for an update for this driver.

You've also got Norton in the mix, if the above doesn't solve the problem then update all Norton programs.

Thanks a bunch, I updated my wireless drivers and was able to start my comp out of safe mode. No crashes yet.

I appreciate the help from both of you.

OK, I deleted the hidden startup app for my Linksys card and mostly uninstalled it and I can start my computer in normal mode now; I just can't connect to the internet or fully delete the driver/folder for the card.
The new(?) driver from the Linksys site gives me the same problem as the old one.
Working off a friend's computer now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back