BSODs Analysis (3 files)

Over the past couple of days my computer has started having the BSOD appearing

It begins dumping physical memory. I am not sure what the cause of this crash is or how to go about finding out myself I have included the dump files

I would great appreciate someone to take a look and help me figure out what is wrong.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Mini010611-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini010611-02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini011011-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
BSOD's commonly come from just a few things:

Memory trouble
Hard Drive impending failure or corruption and
Driver issues

Does this give you an idea where to start?

Can anyone get any information from the files that I attached?

Also I have recently exprienced this on two computers, could norton be a cause? (I recently installed norton on both these machines)

As per yopur files your issue is with the video card driver ati2mtag.sys. I suggest doing the following...

1. Download Driver Sweeper free version to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* if the latest drivers do not work then repeat the above but install the previously latest driver.

I will try that later today.

I have another unrelated question - I have a t43 and got the following message yesterday.

PXE-E61: Media Test Failure
PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM
Operating system not found.

I have since taken the hard drive out and put it into a hard drive enclosure to back up all the data.

But what could be the possible issues? I have tried to change the boot order but no luck.

I know the hard drive works, someone told me it could be a loose IDE connection (not sure what that means)?

Thanks in advance!

PXE-E61: Media Test Failure
PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM
Operating system not found

This means that no bootable hard drive was found by the computer's bios. In other words, the hard drive is bad or corrupt, the motherboard's bios data is corrupt or the motherboard's CMOS battery is dead

Back