BSOD's and frozen screens

saduser

I get a lot of BSOD's and frozen screens (sometimes with sound looping) but it only seems to happen when i play games (WOW, CIV4) or watch something on youtube but never when I just surf around. The blue screen says there is an issue with my display driver and I should check any recently installed soft or hard.

I cleaned the dust inside the tower and got a new graphics card , GEFORCE 8400 GS 512MB (it has one of those square coolers, no fan). My previous card was a geforce 210 and the fan was dead so at least it was obvious but now I really don't know what to do. I updated the driver for the card so that's not the problem.

I use vista 64 on a intel quad 8200@2.33 with 6gb. Help please? Thanks!!!

You most likely need to buy a better video card. The cards with a square heat-sink are usually low-end cards, and not strong enough to play most games well

You most likely need to buy a better video card. The cards with a square heat-sink are usually low-end cards, and not strong enough to play most games well

I checked the needed specs for the games I play and 512mb is more than enough for any of them. It also crashes during video streaming so it's not just games. On top of that, I had a 512mb card for a year or more before that and everything was fine, no prob whatsoever with same games or youtube. :(

Back