BSODs and unstable system

8eios

Hi everyone. over the last days I'm experiencing problems with my windows 7 x64. more specifically flash in chrome crashes very often, pc looks slower and I gets bsods here and then. can anyone help me? thank you very much!

Attachments

• dmps.zip
    94.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi,
Can we have a few more details please such
Have yhu installed any new software/hardware recently??
Have yhu got any of the error codes from the BSOD's??

James

i don't remember installing new software recently. i get bsod even after restart while pc is idle. i didn't manage to see the error code but i guess it can be seen in the dmp files i attached. i tried to install sdk tools but during the download i get a bsod... grrrr

Hi 8eios - just noticed the dmp files for some reason it wasn't showing up last night though it might be because I'm using my phone will have a look :)

Hey sorry took so long to reply been busy here lol

Looked at the dump files and it seems like yhu have an issue with yhur memory sticks

Here is what I recommend yhu do:
1. Open up yhur case check yhur motherboard and locate yhur primary memory slot.
2. Take out all yhur memory sticks (if yhu have more than one) and insert just one in yhur primary slot.
3. Download MEMTEST either by looking on google or from the downloads section from Techspot
4. Memtest will need to be burnt to a disk to and yhu will need to set the boot to cdrom first.
5. Restart PC and it will check the module for yhu and tell yhu if yhu have any errors :)

Notes:
Ok firstly it can take a while for memtest to run and the more passes it makes the better. Yhu can also leave all the memory modules in if yhu have more than one and scan them all at the same time but I do them individualy so I know which one is at fault

Hope all this helps
James :)

Back