Kaorichan2009

I use my computer everyday and everyday
its:
Page error unusable page (bsod)
Hard disk error (bsod)
A monitor error (bsod)
Usb drive (bsod)
Is it vista? or am i using it wrong?
This computer is getting on my nerves, my moms nerves, and the tech kids i been asking.

BSOD's happen when a driver fails.

Go to C:\WINDOWS\Minidump and put 4 or 5 of your latest minidumps into a zip file and upload it to a new reply in this thread, then I will take a look and see what is failing for you.

That's strange :confused: Select the files, right click, click Properties and make sure the Read-only and Hidden boxes are unchecked.

All Vista user accounts are Admin but are slightly restricted. E.g. if you right click on an installer or executable file there will be an option called "Run as administrator"

That's even stranger ;)

Click on Advanced next to the Read-only and Hidden boxes and make sure that only the top two boxes are checked.

It could be that something is going wrong with Windows.

Try putting the minidumps into a zip file in Safe Mode (instructions here) DO NOT use the administrator account. Do not start into Safe mode with networking etc, just plain old safe Mode on its own :)

Then restart back into Normal mode and upload the zip file if it has let you zip the dumps.

A Windows repair install only repairs parts of Vista, it almost certainly won't affect your files and you said you've backed up your pc as well so you can restore your data if needed. I'm not sure if any of your settings will be affected, but if any are, it will be few.

Your minidumps say this:
11/23/07
Probably caused by: SPCA561.SYS
More info here

11/28/07, 12/10/07
Probably caused by: ntkrpamp.exe
More info here

12/11/07
Probably caused by: fwpkclnt.sys
More info here

They all seem to be pretty random files but they're all part of Vista. The first one is for a USB Camera.
The second and third minidumps say BugCheck 50. About all i can find on this is here
a lot of people have experienced blue screens and Bug
Chech 50 on a terminal server with non certified or corrupt printer drivers
The last one says BugCheckD1 and 90% of BugCheck D1 is related to software and 10% is related to faulty ram, so it is morelikely to be a software problem, in this case Vista.

im thinking its my printer.
I installed it on the 23rd.
it works fine now.
My other usb one is a mp3 player that crashed
One is a Cd Crash
This computer is a dell >> Figures.
Do you think i should wait for another crash.
they seem to happen every week
twice a week.

Make a note of what you're trying to do when you get a crash, e.g. if you're trying to print something, plug a usb device in etc

Same here BSOd constantly

This occurs at startup; shutdown etc. I thought it was ZA but disabled it at Startup and still occurring. If I start Zone Alarm after the pc is up and running it seems OK. Could this cause the crash ay shutdown? I get:

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal, bad_pool_call or caller etc.

I have attached a .zip with 4-5 of these .dbp files.

HELP!

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back