BSOD's for no particular reason

By Jono91
Nov 5, 2005
  1. I have recently formatted my hard drive and re-installed XP Pro and every once in a while it decides to blue screen on me. sometimes when i am installing things or logging on or anything really. i have attached some minidumps. here are the spec for my comp:

MSI PX8-Neo-V Motherboard
    Celeron 2.6Ghz
    80GB Seagate HD
    GeForce FX 5500 256MB
    LG Dual Layer DVD-RW

If anyone can help it would really be appreciated. Thanks :)
  2. Jono91

Jono91 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 52

Sorry forgot to post minidumps. here they are:
  3. cpc2004

cpc2004 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,994

Hi Jono91,

Your windows are 4 years behind. Upgrade it XP SP2. All of the crashes are at USB routines. Probably it is caused by faulty ram. Run memtest to stress test the ram.
  4. Jono91

I tried puting SP2 on but it doesn't help and I was thinking the RAM might be causing this. BTW I have PC2700 333Mhz RAM, would that be a problem because it is too slow or something?
  5. Jono91

More Minidumps

I did a repair of windows and installed SP2, and now blue screen keeps coming up but for different reasons, usually when I plug in my USB Pen Drive. I have some more minidumps. If anyone knows anything, it would help a lot. Thanks
  6. cpc2004

Hi Jono,

Maybe your PSU has inadequate power. Install Power Supply Voltage Calculator to calcuate the power consumption of your PC.

Run memtest to stress the ram.
  7. cpc2004

You still haven't upgrade to XP SP2. One minidump (ieMini110605-06.dmp.) crashes with bugcheck 77 and this is caused by bad paging space. Re-allocate the paging space. Several minidumps have corrupted module list, it may be caused by bad paging space, bad ram or faulty PSU. Upgrade BIOS.

BugCheck 77, {1, e8045041, 0, ba5dfc38}
    Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MmInPageKernelStack+10f )
  8. Jono91

I have installed SP2 and i have run memtest86, it found no errors. I did the power consumption calculator and i have sufficient power. btw how do you re-allocate the paging space?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.