BSOD's Having alot of trouble finding source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys

My name is Ben and I am a computer tech that works in Australia...
Will definatly beomming a frequent user of this wonderfull comunity.

I have a computer I am working on and it is BSOD'ing and I am having trouble find the source of the problem....

Computer Specs:

• Motherboard: Winfast NF4XK8MC
    CPU: Athlon 3500 SKT 939
    RAM: 1GB DDR 4200 Generic Ram
    Video: Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT 128 MB Ram
    HDD: 2x 80GB Western Digital Hardrives SATA 2
    Raid: Striping
    PSU: 400 watt PSU
    Cd: DVD-rw/CD-rw LG Burner
    floppy: 1 x floppy Drive

Things I have Done

I have Ran Memtest 86 on the ram for 48 hours + and pass with no errors
I have Ran the Western Digital Hard Drive Testing tool on a 'quick test' with no errors... didnt run a extended test as didnt want to damage data

I have also researched the few latest BSOD's and kinda been pointed in all diferent locations...

1.) Mabey the 400 watt PSU is not strong enough...
2.) The Raid on the motherboard has a problem

BSOD's
Stop: 0x00000050 (0xc1631d7c, 0x000000000............ Page fault in Nonpaged_area

Stop: 0x00000DE, 0x00000002, 0xe27bf288, 0xe27bfa88, 0x33f248c2..... no description

Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated.

And if I have posted this wrongly in any way or not in right location plz inform me so I can fix my mistake.

Thanks in advance

Ben

Attachments

• Mini010106-01.zip
    16 KB · Views: 5
I analyzed your mini-dumps and most point to this file
ntkrnlpa.exe which is found C:\windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe which may be missing or corrupt. If it is missing the possible cause is a worm see here

One of the mini-dumps came back as corrupt memory so I would swap out the modules and check for that file. Maybe do a sfc.exe /scannow and see if that fixes it IF there is no worm present.. Good luck

thanks

Thank you very Much will work on it now and get back to you

Update:
Ran the SFC.exe /scannow but not sure if it replaced any... not sure if it makes a log anywhere...

will continue testing

Update 2:
Ran Memtest 86 again... and OMG... it failed.... i cant understand y it failed now... but thats good.... will just find out which stick it is...

thanks again :D

If the system file checker found anything it would prompt you for the Windows CD.

well it must of found something... needed CD Stright away

... now When I test each indervidual stick of ram they both pass....

could be other Ram slot... or mabey video mem...

Thought I would Update the thread it appears that 1 of 2 things has fixed the problem... the SFC.exe /scannow or the fact that it now has 1 stick of 1GB Ram instead of 2 sticks of 512MB as it appeard to be a problem for the motherboard as if it was trying to run dual channel or something...

thanks for your help

ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back