BSOD's on new Win XP SP2 box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Im running an Asus P5RD2, P4 3.0Ghz Dual, single DDR2 DIMM and randomly get BSOD's. Checked temps, swapped out the memory, reinstalled XP, ran memtest and still get an error about 1 hour into the test... Attached the minidumps.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Mat

The crashes seem to be caused by win32k.sys

this is a system file. so i would say that your windows install is corrupted.

I once curred the same problem by copying replacing the file which is in Windows\system32 folder with one that is in the dllCache folder. i simply renamed the original and copied the other one and decompressed it.

if not you'll probably have to do a repair install of xp.

pcaceit,

thanks for your reply. I followed up with what you said and compared win32k.sys on the faulty PC with win32k.sys on a working PC, using a file comparison tool and the files are an exact match.

I did a brand new install yesterday and that didnt resolve the issue either... is there anything else in the dump files which I could investigate?

Thanks for your help!

Mat

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

3 minidumps crash with hardware and a bugcheck of 50.

2 minidumps crash at win32k.sys and have bugchecks of 50 and 8E.

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

Your problem may be a sysmptom of faulty or mismatched ram.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back