BSODs on Windows error 0x0000008E

NeedsHelp24

Hello
I am having a problem and I can not figure out why. I keep getting the error when I try to use gmail or try to watch a video on another site otherwise I can use my computer as I usually do. I did complete all the steps in the guide offered and a few I found online, but nothing is seeming to help, I am having a few other problems although I am not sure if they are related or not but my computer is saying that the updates to windows are failing to download, when I try to defrag my computer it doesn't work, and it also seems like my memory does not go up no matter how much stuff I delete. When it crashes and I restart I also get microsoft support that comes up afterwards that says the error was caused by a device or driver.
My RAM was upgraded it to 1GB less than a year ago, so I don't think this is the problem but I'm leaving all avenues open. This is the STOP code I'm getting:

0x0000008E(0xC000001D,0x00C1060D,0xEC5A32FC,0x00000000)

and the only suggestions it gives is to check video adapter and in BIOS disable cacheing and shadowing to save on memory if that makes any sense.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated, because I am really at a loss right now I have no clue as to what all this means or what to do next.
TIA

Attachments

• Mini051411-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini051511-01.dmp
  • Mini051611-01.dmp
  • Mini051611-02.dmp
  • Mini051611-03.dmp
As per your minidump files your issue is with the video card drivers ati3duag.dll and ati2dvag.dll. I suggest doing the following...

1. Download Driver Sweeper free version to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Sweeper and remove ONLY the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

I have been online looking for my video card update, (I have Mobility Radeon 9000) I have located a driver download for this is that all I need? There is no updated download for this driver would the original be sufficient?
TIA

Go to Gateway's manufacture site (I believe they have been bought out by Acer), find your exact model and update the latest video drivers they have for your system.

Last night my computer was running so slow that it kept timing out, so I am going to give it another try when I get off of work today. I already downloaded the driver sweeper, so I only got the video driver left, because I was able to find it on the gateway site.

Thanks Your the Greatest!!!!

Hurray it seems to be fixed thank you Oh so much!!! I will def. let you know if it does it again.!! Thank you again!

Hurray it seems to be fixed thank you Oh so much!!! I will def. let you know if it does it again.!! Thank you again!

Excellent! Glad it is working out. Do us a favor and let us know how it is running a few days from now. (or get back to us if any more problems occur)

Back