BSODs, "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA"

JayRich

I have been having occasional BSODs. My PC is about 2 months old and gets these Blue Screens roughly once a week. This is upsetting because it's my first ever purchased PC and it seems like it's only going to get worse. I have had "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" errors and one other which I can't recall, i'm not sure if it's one of the uploaded dmp's but I hope this wont throw off analysis(if possible) which would be much appreciated.

First, nice system you have there. :)

Second, please use the Manage Attachments option the next time you post (it will be at the bottom). It will allow your to Zip up to five minidump files in one Zip file. If you only have one or two just attach as is.

Give us the latest ones you have.

The 'manage attachment's' option only allows up to 200kb files and everyone I have is 286 kbs

My attempt around this problem was to turn the .dmp's into. rar's then archive them (zip).

Attachments

• Desktop.zip
    91.4 KB · Views: 1
The reason is because the driver sftfslh.sys was cited as the cause of your system crashes. Now this is a driver for the Microsoft Application Virtulization File System.

This driver also belongs to Softricity, Inc. and this company provides application virtualization and software streaming technologies. The company offers Desktop, a virtualization solution to deliver on-demand applications. It sells its products directly to companies and it might be a third party that Microsoft utilizes.

I am not 100% sure on this but in my research Softricity, Inc was listed with Microsoft Application Virtulization.

sftfslh.sys also belongs to Office 2010 and there have been issues with it and if you do a search Microsoft has a fix. Even though you may not have opened it (I am assuming here that you have had it come pre-installed on your system) the drivers are still present.

Thank you VERY much, I'll take a look into it. =]

I was wondering if It was possible to induce this bsod and confirm the source at the same time? ie: open Microsoft word 2010?

ALSO, I have little interest in Microsoft word 2010. Could i completely remove it? If so how can I ensure "sftfslh.sys" is removed.

Hmmm, yes you should be able to uninstall Office 2010. Again, even though you have not utilized Office 2010 the driver is is still installed. It seems many people have had issues with it.

If you have new minidumps please attach in your next post.

* Also: If you haven't done so for diagnostic purposes see this link and follow the instructions on how to determine which version of the driver sftfslh.sys you have:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2077208

I checked yesterday to see if I had the current version of Cvh.dll 14.0.5 when I actually had 14.0.4.. not sure if this would matter but when i tried to update office 2010 the upgrade was canceled because "this version of office is currently up to date".

Not being interested in updating, I uninstalled all programs with office in common(3 programs).

Question: How can I make sure everything is completely removed to prevent anymore BSODs?

That is a good question. (By the way, it was the driver sftfslh.sys that you wanted to check and not Cvh.dll).

No way to know at this point unless you want to look through your registry which we here at TechSpot strongly caution against doing so. If you have regained stability please let us know in a day or two. Thanks.

Back