TechSpot

Bsods while playing games (minidumps included)

By Arobein
Feb 16, 2007
  1. I really need help.
    I have been having BSODs while playing computer games (any) for over 5 months now. During that period I've replaced my old RAM for a brand new one from Crucial. So it couldn't be RAM problem. All drivers (and BIOS) are up-to-date. It's a custom-built PC:

Intel Bay Field D865GBF
    Intel Pentium 4, 3200MHz (16 x 200)
    NVidia Club 3D GeForce 6600 256Mb
    Maxtor 6L200P0 200Gb 7200rpm Ultra-ATA/133
    SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-240B (40x/12x/40x CD-RW)
    SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616T (16x/48x DVD-ROM)
    Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2
    (let me know if you need more info on my system)

These crashes occur randomly. Sometimes they don't happen at all, sometimes 20 times in 1 hour. It doesn't always save minidumps - restarting without the BSOD itself. Or giving that BSOD with only 3-4 lines. Please help me solve this problem.

2. tweaks_sav

tweaks_sav TS Rookie Posts: 190

Do you have onboard sound? Or a PCI Sound card?

021507 fails at agp440.sys and nv4_mini.sys
    -that's video driver issue, try updating your Nvidia drivers.

021407 fails at portcls.sys
    -that's sound driver issue

021607 fails at nv4_disp.dll
    -that's video driver issue, try updating your Nvidia drivers.

Since it's more than one thing and that fact that it's a custom build, you might also have trouble with overheating. Are you doing nay overclocking?

3. Arobein

Arobein TS Rookie Topic Starter

I got the latest NVidia drivers. I'm not overclocking and the temperature is fine. I'm using two USB sound devices - 5.1 External Surround Sound Card SC-5500p and Headset HS-4100 (640U Silverline USB Headset) with the latest drivers for both devices. I have no idea about mine on-board sound. Don't think I have any.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.