BSODs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every once in a while I get these annoyings BSODs. Usually I get BAD POOL CALLER error, sometimes also NV4_DISP or IRQ_LESS etc... I usually get them when playing games (Warcraft 3, Tiberium Wars) for a longer periods of time, or when my comp is on for days, usually I start noticing strange lags in windows behaviour and after a while, there it is, bad pool caller again.
I attached some of the minidumps from last weekend, hope u guys can help me with some advice. I allready changed the graphic card, ram seems to be fine, so I don`t have a clue what to do next. I will probablyRMA the motherboard.

System:

Biostar N4FU - AMG2
AMD x2 3600
Patriot DDR2 PC 6400
8500gt Club3d
SB live

How much memory do you have?
Is the cpu heat sink clean, and all dust blown out of the fan with dust out?
The 8500gt is the usual suspect.

2 gigs, 2x1Gb memory, I had the same BSODs with the old 7300gt, graphic card can`t be the problem. All the temps are fine, nothing is overheating.

Your 1st and 3rd minidumps have a long list of modules loaded but unable to read many, many processes. Your error code in both is C2 which typically points to a faulty driver or buggy software. However, so many processes were cited it is impossible at this point to tell.

Which brings us to your your 2nd minidump. The error code is 0x24. A problem has occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives.

There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software.

I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities. Check the file properties of NTFS.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to run MemTest and if you have a harddrive diagnostics tool by all means use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back