Budget AMD build need some suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

drneves7

Updated; Budget AMD build need some suggestions

Hey everybody and thank you in advance for your suggestions. I am just throwing this up here because you all have always been a huge help I am going to continue researching further myself also. But here is what I have so far. Ok I picked a Mobo and cpu so pick it apart :)

Cooler Master Elite 330 Black ATX Mid 39.99

Asus M2N-E SLI Motherboard 99.99

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Processor ADA5000CSBOX 119.99

Corsair XMS2 DHX 2048MB Dual Channel PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 1024MB 37.99 after rebate

XFX GeForce 8600 GT XXX Video Card 99.99 after rebate

Lite-On LH-20A1S SuperAllwrite SATA OEM DVD Burner 32.99

Ok now all I need is a power supply. And if you guys see any problems or anywhere I can trim the fat or improve the build for little or no money. I am already way over budget but where I kinda of expected it to be. Oh and of course DO YOU SEE ANY ISSUES :) thanks again for the help.

Dom

And all of the above is just what I have selected it is all very replaceable ;)

You need a good...but not great mobo and a great cpu. After you get your motherboard you will need to be sure that your pre selected ram will be compatible. It's better to get your motherboard and cpu bundle, then select the best ram for the job. Luckily, Corsair has a good compatibility to product ratio. I had to trade back OCZ revision 2 for Corsair. My Corsair (4x1gig) has 4-4-4-12- latency numbers @ 400 mhz. I only go 5-5-5-18 when over clocking. You will get a lot of opinions about your choices...I say 'use what I use'. ASUS P5N-E SLI mobo and an INTEL cpu. E6750 is a good buy. It's around $200...=2.66...can O'C well. The ASUS is about $120. Don't forget a PSU and a Video processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back