budget gaming vid card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I am an avid player of DOD 1.6, I love dod source as well, but mmy graphics card insists on >20 fps. Other games I play include Silkroad Online, Lineage II, Hero Online, COD (and UO) and CS. Oh and FEAR as well.

I'll give you my system specs as well :)
AMD 64 3400+ (2.4GHz, not OCed) cooled with XP-90 + zalman 92mm silent fan
MSI K8N Neo Platinum
2* 512MB Nanya Tech RAM
IDE Maxtor HD 120GB
SATA Maxtor DIamondMax10 250GB (In case you wonder, nForce3 250Gb and this HD do NOT work well on my machine)
ATi Radeon 9250 with 128MB (it's sad isn't it?)
All this is powered by an Antec SmartPower 2.0 500W (came with the Antec TX1050B case)

Based on the games I play, and knowing I use Photoshop often, and am hoping to squeeze out enough to play BF2 (even if it's not highest settings) which card would you recommend? Oh yes, my mother board is agp only, I would like to keep this current system (perhaps 1GB more ram) running for another year or so, just long enough for me to save up for a new system.

How much $ you have? I would go for a X1600XT or better yet a 7600GT if you have 150$, but there are other cards for around 125$ (X850XT) that are awesome; actually the X850XT would be my choice out of these.

Get a 6600GT AGP if it's more affordable than the 7600GT AGP, which I know is quite expensive these days. Those things can still pump out a lot of power and will play most games on comfortably high settings, including BF2. ATi alternatives would include the X800 GTO, the X850PRO/XT(if u can afford it) and the X1600PRO.

It's not really on how much I have right now, which is practically nothing LOL. But I wanted to know which cards, since I don't know much about graca's. I can always save up for a little while :) But then it's handy to get a price, or a goal to aim for.

THe biggest issue is that I am from Belgium, and 90% of the Belgian stores, be that online or offline, don't offer many AGP cards anymore. (Unless you can pay a whopping 500/600 for a limited assasin edition.) They just wanna clear out their stocks.

If newegg would ship to Belgium, I'd be out of the woods, so I am stuck at or using ebay or with a X1300Pro, X1600Pro, nVidia 7600GS or 7800GT. That's about all the options, the 7800GT still goes for about $400 here. (Don't ask, Belgium has the worst tax system, 21%)

It would be nice if this whole World would get along. Technology makes us all seem like we were right next to eachother. Jealousy, hatred, greed, envy, language and distrust are just some of the things that still keep us apart.

It would also be nice if we all posted our countries, or towns here in your profiles, so we would know... Montana is a State in the Untied States of America. I live in Billings, the largest city in Montana. We are about 300 miles south of Alberta, Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back