TechSpot

Budget PC gaming

By YouAreInARoom
May 28, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi I'm new to the forum and I'd like some help please. I just bought a budget PC and would like to know where to look to upgrade it or if that was even possible.

Its an eMachines E4082 desktop running XP.

Intel Pentium D 820 (Each at 2.80ghz)
    ATI Radeon Xpress 200 with available PCI Express slot (Pretty sure this is an onboard card)
    512 MB DDR2 RAM

Basically what I would like to find out is if I can upgrade this machine and the best places to look. How do I find out if graphics cards will be compatible? Will any DDR2 RAM work with it? Really am a newbie with PC's when it comes to the hardware side but I would like to play a few older PC games on the machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 1,094

3. YouAreInARoom

YouAreInARoom TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ok will that still be the case with E machines? That was written in 2004 and E machines was purchased by Gateway. If the thing really is a mess I'll just bring it back to Tesco.

EDIT: Seems to me like a new motherboard and power supply would be better first purchases....
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.