buffer overrun detected MS_Update\MS_Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazylady

Hello realblackstuff. I followed your directions until I got to Taskmanager. what did you mean by "try to stop it". I clicked on "startup" and unchecked MS_Update, applied and then went back to normal mode. this a.m. when I logged on to windows, popup immediately appeared. Went back to msconfig and saw that checkmark was there again. Went to google to look for info on MS_Update. found that unchecking only removes it at that time, but when you log on again it will appear. Found a site that sent me to Cnet which mentioned Anti-SPy.Info.1.6. I downloaded it , found MS_Update and quarantined it. tomorrow I will see if popup appears. Can't find out today, as it only appears on first log on of the day!!(strange) Anti-Spy shows all programs and their level of danger, etc. If you are not aware of it and wish to peruse, you can, but I could not explain it intensively. I can be a "dumb dora" at times, but a pit bull when I am trying to find out anything. Talk later!

Press ctrl/alt/del and in Taskmanager try to STOP:
Press the 3 keys, marked "ctrl", "alt" and "del" at the same time, and on the new screen select the "Taskmanager" button, select the tab "Processes" and click on one of the indicated program-names (if it is in that taskmanager process-list), then click on the button "End Process". Repeat for all the names in the given list.

If you are familiar with Regedit, do a Find for Runonce (there are 2 of them). Check in there, as well as in the Run and Runserviceskeys near them for any MS_Update/MS_Services referrals. If found (in the right-side window) rightclick them and select Delete and confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back